Home

Just had the most **** game....

This is a discussion on Just had the most **** game.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Just had the most **** game....

Alright, let me set the scene. I am #4 Virginia Tech, sitting at 6-0 on the season hosting a 3-3 Wake Forest team searching for a win after 3 straight losses. My season has went well so far, barely escaping a scare against boston college, 13-3. I beat Boise State to start the season 48-22. I play 8 min quarters, acc clock, playmaker's varsity sliders with my own tweaks to make it more of a defense battle. Anyways, on to the game.

To catch things up to speed, I will do a short summary until I get to the most exciting part. First quarter, Wake Forrest drives right down the field, but Foster's defense steps up and we hold em to 3 points. I get the ball, and I am shut down, and intercepted on their 5 yard line. Force Wake to punt next drive, and then we drive down and I miss a 39 yard field goal due to 12 mph winds. I am INFURIATED!! So then, 1st quarter ends, 3-0. We fight back and forth in 2nd quarter, and I get the ball with like 1 minute left in quarter and try to drive and I am stopped on and punt it to them, downing the ball on the 6 yard line with about 16 seconds left. What does Wake Forrest do? They run a draw play and dude runs it to the 45 yard line with 5 seconds left, time out WF. They drop back, throw the Hail Mary, Cris Hill is out of position, TOUCHDOWn...****!!! Going into half time 10-0.

3rd Quarter, things pretty go the same way...my offense sucks hard, and defense doing enough to keep them from scoring. I Finally connect on a 47 yard field goal, and its now 10-3.

4th quarter rolls around and pressure is on. So they have ball and they drive down the field and connect on a 28 yard td pass, 17-3 with 5:37 left. At this point, I am feeling it is over. So then, I get the ball, and instantly throw an interception on first play. At this point, definitely feeling it being over. But defense steps up, hold them 3 and out, and they punt to me, and its a touchback. I get the ball, try 2 passes, denied. on 3rd down, they blitz the house, I hit jarrod boykin on a slant behind where the linebacker's were (hot routes ftw!) and hit him in stride, slam a spin move on their safety, juke the corner back out of his shoes, dart to the sideline and its a foot race...80 yard touchdown with 4:04 left in game, alright back in it!! Line up for PAT, my thumb slips off sticks, and I miss the PAT...DAMNIT!!!! 17-9. So WF gets the ball and their running attack rips me a new sphincter, driving right down the field. they milk the clock, I run out of time outs and its about 2:05 left in game, they on my 30 yard line. Their fb gets a dive on 3rd and inches, and I slam him with Eddie Whitley, and all the sudden ball squirts out, I pick it up with Davon Morgan, I breeak 2 tackles and jet down the sideline for 70 yards for the td. I am on my feet screaming and hollering. Then, booth review...overturned, fb's knee was down. No time outs, 2 minutes left, they turn over the call AND they got the first down. I am so pissed I can't see straight. They milk the clock some more, and on 3rd down with 52 seconds left, they go to run the option, qb fakes the pitch, I stay home with Steven Friday, and I slam his *** and Jake Johnson dives and his helmet smacks the ball and it squirts out, and Eddie Whitley is there for the recovery. Finally a breath of air!

46 seconds left, on time outs, ball on my own 15 yard line. I connect with a few huge passes and move down the field with my no huddle offense. I get to the 32 yard line and throw 3 passes in a row, incomplete. On the next play, I catch them with some confusion, running the HB circle out of 4 WR shotgun, Marcus Davis runs his route perfect, faking the safety out, he gets 2 steps on the safety, and jets up the sideline. Defense end flies off the edge and dives, I hurl the ball, get smacked but the ball lands in back of endzone, Davis dives and catches it as hes going out of bounds, TD!!!! :16 seconds left in ball game, score is 17-15 WF. Got to have 2 pt conversion. I run the option out of ace, catching them off guard as I used my passing attack primarily, and I juke around the d-end, and dive into the endzone for 2 pts and tie the ball game up, 17 all. Heart is RACING at this point. They get the ball, get bout 30 yard return, but get a holding call and they are put back at 10 yard line. Next play, they hit a deep pass and get to my 40 yard line with 6 seconds left. I was so mad, but stayed poised. Next play, hail mary...drops back, Friday comes off edge and spears QB so hard his nephew felt it...end of regulation, 17 all going into OT in Blacksburg.

OT starts, they win toss and elect defense. I get the ball, run it 2 times, get stopped 3rd and 6. I drop back to pass, wide open Danny Coale across middle on an in Route, I release the ball, but their nose tackle jumps up and bats it down, 4th and 6. I line up, kick the ball, field goal is good!

They get the ball, first play they try a pass and I kill their qb. 2nd play, they try a HB draw, which had been killing me all game, and I bring Barquell Rivers off the edge and demolish him for a 3 yard loss. 3rd and 13, QB drops back, Friday comes off edge goes for sack, QB ducks and Friday flies over...QB evades, rolls out, throws across middle of the field and Cris Hill, who gave up the Hail Mary at half time, jumped the pass, intercepts the ball, completely redeems himself, and it's game over!!! The commentators were going nuts when he intercepted the pass and talked about how awesome the game was.

Hokies win, 20-17 in OT.

This game became #1 instant classic, score of 892. Damn good game, one of the most memorable and hardest games I've ever played. My sliders right now kick ***. I love the challenge. Thank you EA Sports for delivering such a fantastic football game. My prayers were answered.

Sorry for the book guys, but this had to be shared. Please feel free to post your best/most **** games for NCAA 11.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Just had the most **** game....

Awesome. What adjustments did you make to Playmaker's sliders?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I will have to check on them and get back to you. I set it up so there are hardly any big plays (note I made only one big play in that whole game), and you have to nickel and dime the field. I had 286 passing, 75 yards rushing total (if that tells you anything). I love a defensive battle, and I have been getting them a lot more frequently. Slow speed, 20 threshold, auto turbo on - makes a huge difference.

Come on guys, share some of your best/hardest games.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

My best game was when I was Hawai'i against USC. I lost against Fresno State the week before, but this game my passing attack was on fire. You'll have to understand, my playing is like an inconsistent QB, some games I come out and burn the other team, no matter who, other games I couldn't beat the worst team.

Anyways, we went back and fourth on defense the whole first half, but in the second half, things took off. Fast foward to the fourth quarter, I'm down with less than a minute to go with the ball, and I drive down for a TD. It's now 21 to 21 with less than 20 seconds left.

Barkley dropped back, bombed it, inconsistent me got selfish and tried to go for an interception, but I totally misgudged, USC TD!

I wanted to rip my own head off. I guess as one man said, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Sounds like a great game! So did I read that you play on 'varsity' sliders? How is that possible? Wouldn't you kill the CPU by like a minimum of 30 points or so? I'm no expert at all but if I play on anything but Heisman, I can's lose unless I intentionally do things I shouldn't do.

To answer your great games question -

I just lost to Utah St in my offline with New Mexico St, 17-14. I had just beaten SJSt 34-7 so I got cocky. Tried some strange plays I have never run and ended up punting three times when I had the ball on their side of the field.

Two turnovers later, I'm down 14-0 at the half. I get my act together and it's 14-14 heading into the 4th quarter. UTSt makes a great drive to go up 17-14 with 2 min left. I drive to their 15 and with 30 sec left I line up for a FG. They ice me, I shank it left, and lose 17-14.

I'm now 3-5 instead of 4-4. I screwed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Sounds like an awesome game.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

My best game was in my OD against the computers #4 TCU in week 3 with my Purdue Boilermakers.

I jumped out to an early 21-0 lead on them in the first quarter. First touchdown was a 3rd down pass to my #4 wideout in the back corner of the endzone. He clearly didn't get his foot down but TCU didn't challenge. Second TD I sack Dalton, force a fumble and run it in. Then I hit my star wideout on a long TD. I lose my starting HB during all of this but am feeling good thinking I got the game wrapped up. Second quarter is scoreless and I take my 21-0 lead into halftime.

After Halftime TCU finally wakes up. My starting QB self destructs throwing 2 INTs and I can't move the ball on the ground at all. They start creeping back into the game slowly. 21-3, 21-10 then they cut it to 21-18 late in the 4th. I get the ball back with 3-4 minutes left trying to run out the clock. On 3rd and 2 i catch them off guard and find my slot WR wide open for a 60+ yard catch and run. A TD would've put the game away but he gets caught from behind at the 5 yard line. I get conservative and end up settling for a FG to take a 24-18 lead with 2 minutes to go.

Then TCU's Dalton starts leading them down the field. They get all the way to my 44 and I force them into a 4th and long. Then this happens:

They kick the extra point and I'm now down 25-24. I have my backup QB in after my starter kept messing up and only have 49 seconds left. I'm pretty sure the game is over. But I return the kickoff to the 30, then hit a quick pass over the middle call a timeout. Next I find my slot wr and he sneaks up the sideline to their 45. I hit one more pass on a third down to get the ball to their 31. I burn my last timeout with 10 secs left. Out comes my kicker to attempt the 48 yard gamewinner from the right side. I get nervous because I can never aim kicks accurately from the right. I mess up a little on the accuracy but the ball just barely sneaks in almost hitting the left post. I take a 27-25 lead and win the game.

I went from feeling like I had the game in the bag, to blowing the lead, to thinking the game was over for me, then finally stealing it away. Probably ruined TCU's championship hopes.

Last edited by poopoop; 08-10-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

everyone of my games seem to be a roller coaster.
been loving it!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »