Home

WE DID IT!!!! (MTSU's 1st SEC Victory).....wouldn't mind some feedback.....please

This is a discussion on WE DID IT!!!! (MTSU's 1st SEC Victory).....wouldn't mind some feedback.....please within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9
Thumbs up WE DID IT!!!! (MTSU's 1st SEC Victory).....wouldn't mind some feedback.....please

The headline coming into the 2011-12 NCAA Football season was a shocker.

MTSU had replaced Vandy as the cellar dweller in the SEC, but what adds to the surprise is that last season MTSU went 8-5 (4-4 in the Sun Belt, T-4th) and then came to the big boy league, known as the SEC.

Many critics point to the 52-14 demolishing of Vandy in Nashville by the Blue Raiders last season as the reason why.

Well today history has been made, after starting strong in Week 1 vs FCS SouthEast, the Blue Raiders fell to 2-3 (0-2) with losses to Arkansas, Ole Miss, and ???.

The combined score of the Arkansas and Ole Miss losses was -.

That all made today's events more shocking.

MTSU vs UGA. Murfreesboro, TN.

MTSU comes out and dominates the 1st quarter, on the field but not the scoreboard. The 1st quarter is mostly un-eventful and ends with MTSU up 3-0 on a 43 yard FG by L. Walker. UGA did miss a 27 yard FG wide right in the 1st.

The score remains the same until the last 1:30 of the 2nd quarter, when a scoring outburst occurs. MTSU drives 98 yards and caps it off with a 6 yard TD run by J. McCray, and MTSU even scores a 2pt conversion on a QB Draw. 11-0 MTSU.

Georgia now has the ball with 1:24 left, and takes it to the MTSU 12, M. Watson connects with D. Spence on a 12 yard UGA TD. 11-7 MTSU.

MTSU goes 3 and out and UGA takes 3 TO's to get the ball back. UGA ball with :9 seconds left on the UGA 42. 1st play from scrimmage, Watson drops and throws into the flat.....PICKED OFF by MTSU impact player at LB D. Dennis and he is running down the sideline fighting the clock and the Bulldogs Pursuing him. He is pushed out at the 2 with 1 second left on the clock.

Coach Buchanan decides to play it safe and kick the FG to put MTSU up at the half 14-7.

The 2nd half opens with MTSU set to receive the kickoff and they do and promptly fumble it at their own 22 yard line. UGA recovers and end up with the ball at the MTSU 12 yard line. M. Moore takes the handoff on 2nd and 10 and runs 12 yards for a UGA TD. However, the XP is no good. 14-13 MTSU.

MTSU then executes a display of ground control via their Wishbone Option offense. Running over 4 minutes off the clock, the Blue Raiders go 68 yards, but the last play was via the air. Lining up for a 51 yard FG, Coach Buchanan simply watches as momentum hangs in the balance. The Snap........The Hold.....The......WAIT IT'S A FAKE!!!! Backup QB A. Hardy scrambles right and HITS THE WIDE OPEN D. Lacey in the Endzone for a BLUE RAIDER TOUCHDOWN!!! What a call by the 2nd year head coach!!!! 21-13 MTSU.

Heading into the 4th, UGA is facing the humiliation of being the 1st SEC team to lose to MTSU. This motivates the Dawgs, they drive down the field almost at will. Converting 5 3rd downs on the drive, 4 of 6+ yards. With 5:12 left in the 4th, C. Keyes is open for a 1 yard fade for a TD and the 2pt play is good on a fb dive. 21-21

MTSU then goes 3 and out and must punt with 3:30 left. UGA muffs the return but the ball falls out of bounds. The Dawgs are hitting their stride and run the ball down the Blue Raiders throats. With 1:28 left, the ball rest on the MTSU 19. UGA runs a screen pass to their AA WR. He catches and breaks 2 tackles but the 3rd is from the impact LB D. Dennis and he stops his progress and rips the ball free and recovers. Blue Raider FIRST DOWN at their own 12 yard line with 1:18 left. 1st down, FB Dive for 0 Yards. UGA TO. 2nd down, FB dive for 7 yards. UGA TO. 3rd down, a quick slant for 17 and a MTSU 1st DOWN!!! With only :43 seconds left, Coach Buchanan calls for the Victory formation and the game goes to OT. 21-21

OT#1

UGA gets the ball first and on 3rd and 8 from the 12. Q. Brown runs a perfect post and gets hit in the numbers for a UGA TD. 28-21 UGA.

MTSU now must score to keep hope alive for SEC Win #1. 1st and 2nd Down are 2 yard FB Dives. 3rd and 6 from the 21 yard line, QB drops back and sees nothing scrambles to the right side, tackled at the 12....THE BALL POPS OUT.........WHO HAS IT!?!?!?!?! MTSU recovers at the 10, LG J. Holland.

With that scare, Coach Buchanan keeps the ball in his most trusted player's hand the rest of the drive. T. Thompson left for 6, T. Thompson right for 3. 3rd down and 1. T. Thompson up and OVER THE PILE FOR SIX!!!!! 28-28.

OT#2

MTSU has passed 12 times all game up to this point, so Coach Buchanan calls a PA Pass to open the 2nd OT. Out of the wishbone, a PA pass is run to perfection and J. McCray hits Sophmore RB T. Hand in the end zone or SIX!!!!! The Blue Raiders surprise everyone and line up for a 2 point conversion, but call a TO after not being able to draw the Dawgs offside. 35-28 MTSU.

UGA now must score to avoid the humiliation they thought they had avoided earlier. And what do you know, on the 1st play from scrimmage, just like the Blue Raiders the Dawgs do just that. 25 yard pass from D. Spence to D. Stratton in the corner of the end zone. The Dawgs then line up for the XP and MTSU calls a TO hoping by some slim chance to ice the kicker who has already missed a FG. The SNAP.........THE HOLD............The Kick is up........It is.......NO GOOOOOOD!!!!! He missed it wide left!!!!!! MTSU WINS, THE BLUE RAIDERS HAVE DONE IT, A SEC VICTORY 35-34 MTSU

Game Stats

Rushes - Yards - TDs - MTSU - 39-103-2.....UGA 18-45-1
Comp - Att - TDs - MTSU - 9-17-2.....UGA 21-38-4
Pass Yards - MTSU - 145.....UGA 351
3rd Down Conv. - MTSU - 6-13.....UGA 6-11
4th Down Conv. - MTSU - 1-1.....UGA 0-1
Turnovers -MTSU - 2.......UGA - 4
Go Thunder!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ depending on the season.
Re: WE DID IT!!!! (MTSU's 1st SEC Victory).....wouldn't mind some feedback.....please

Posting just to comment on the irony of the lack of feedback.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: WE DID IT!!!! (MTSU's 1st SEC Victory).....wouldn't mind some feedback.....please

This feels like it is in the wrong place.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Pro

Buke14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphan1990
Posting just to comment on the irony of the lack of feedback.

Haha, thanks for the effort man.
Go Thunder!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Pro

Buke14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
This feels like it is in the wrong place.

I don't post here too much anymore so I'm not sure where I would put this but I had to put it somewhere lol.
Go Thunder!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Awesome, man. I play with MTSU myself. I'm in my second season after going 11-2 and winning whatever lame bowl I played in. Hoping to be in the SEC before too long.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Pro

Buke14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkracker1
Awesome, man. I play with MTSU myself. I'm in my second season after going 11-2 and winning whatever lame bowl I played in. Hoping to be in the SEC before too long.

I was VERY shocked I got the SEC invite after going 8-5 since I was in 4th place in the Sun Belt. lol.
Go Thunder!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Posted a long winded thread just to tell us this, pointless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »