Home

Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

This is a discussion on Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #41
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
The issues your having with accuracy is due to playing on HEISMAN. I woul suggest using PLAYMAKERS sliders in the SLIDER forum. The setting is VARSITY as thats the only setting where both YOU and the CPU have no boosts to ratings.

TOUGH games overall....A QB will not sniff the silly 80-90% comp %...Had a great game against Washington using BYU last night...Wash QBs is pretty good and he went 21-33 204 yds and 1 TD...Windy day...thru quite a few passes that were WAY off the mark.

Give them a go....HEISMAN is pathetic compared to His sliders.
I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that I was getting VERY REALISTIC results on Heisman prior to the 2nd patch and tuner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #42
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I love these threads where the majority of the people complaining are of Rookie status.

At any rate, it's become obvious that EA can monitor trends with the game. They didn't make the addition of tuner sets for no reason.

If in fact there is a problem I'm sure EA will address it. Thus the creations of LTP.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #43
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm liking post patch 2, it's a great fix. My QB has 82 THP and 84 THA and is usually about 43-54 % completion if I throw more than 20 times in a game.

If I run the ball and throw very little he's a higher accuracy, but that's because I scramble when no one is open.

It's hard as crap to win games now (playing as UCF that got invited to the SEC, replacing Vandy) because the CPU will run the ball and have success with it.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't think anyone should be calling out the people that are upset. They created this thread to talk about their disappointment. To those that are having a great time and don't want to hear complaining then stay out of this thread. It's very simple. Message boards are for everyone's voice to be heard, including ones we don't necessarily agree with.

Personally I like the changes. But for those that do not like the changes you will still need the patches and tuning sets imo. The day one patch fixed a fumble bug by the QB and I think you will need the tuning sets to play dynasty mode or progression will get all messed up down the road. So I suggest keeping the patches and find a way to tweak the sliders back to where you were.

Most of you are upset with increased QB accuracy. Then drop it down - a lot if you have to. If pass coverage is too bad for you bump it up. It may suck to have to fiddle with sliders some more but that's the only option you have as I see it.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #45
Rookie

coachk75's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
what glitch? I haven't noticed anything
That's because unlike the other 75-80 % of the gamers on this board we don't play the game looking for things wrong with it. Patch 2 did not "break" the game. I personally haven't noticed any of the problems you refer to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Having finally experimented with the problem (including getting rid of patch 2) I would agree that this is in fact a new bug. I will say that coverage and pump faking has been broken since the beginning and I commend them for trying to fix it, but it obviously made this weird programming hole. Even when this gets fixed I would say that people on a site like this should avoid randoms online anyway. I feel bad for people that play in ODs with randoms, but try to hang in until this gets fixed.

For the sliders and such, I will say that I have exclusively played Heisman for years as well. After winning the NC the day before the patch I wanted to try something different, so after the patch I tried Playmakers set (which I didn't think would work since they are on Varsity) and they were fantastic. Since then I tried a Heisman set and nothing felt quite right, so I went back to Playmakers. The AI seems to not be stupidly aggressive on Varsity, and it plays a MUCH better game of football. It just takes an hour of your time tops to try them out, they're easily the best sliders I have ever used.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #47
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

played my first game post patch, PSU @ FSU and won 31-17, although their 2 TDs were against my backups. I can't recall the exact stat lines but I was able to get Newsome in a rhythm and have him 'on fire' with his icon flashing red. My completion % was in the higher 60s and I was able to run on FSU pretty effectively.

Their ground game was decent but they abandoned it when they got behind big. Ponder wasn't doing anything and I called a few zone plays where I knew they were passing, keyed on pass before the snap and got at least two coverage sacks.

When I put my 2nd team in they moved the ball better and McGloin, my backup, was off on a few throws. Overshot a wide open post route that would have been a TD.

Using All American with luvtotha9s roster, 8 min quarters and the only slider change I have is the CPU QB Accuracy at 60 and their run blocking at 55.

Not bad, PSU is ranked #18 and FSU #21...I'm going to go up against Alabama and Wisconsin next to test the ground game.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am personally still having a blast with NCAA 11. This is the first time this generation that I have played this many games. And it has only been out a month.

That being said, I play in a couple OD's with a good group of guys. I'll never play a ranked game online, as sportsmanship in an online world rarely exists anymore. I haven't noticed much difference in gameplay since patch 2, although I run the ball 75% of the time, if not more. I suppose if I passed more often the differences might be more prevalent.

My $.02

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »