Home

Battle of the glitchers

This is a discussion on Battle of the glitchers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Battle of the glitchers

So I just finished a ranked game. In the lobby I specifically said that I wanted sim players and for challengers to not use the "patch 2 glitch". Well I ended up getting this level 1 who did nothing but use the pump fake glitch. So naturally, I figure I'll use it too.

We both trade TD's all throughout the first half. With 1:32 left in the second quarter I am down 84-77. The only reason we weren't in the hundreds is because I didnt go for the TD every time. I decide to run the rest of the quarter down with runs and with 4 seconds left I hit the 64 yard glitch pass to tie it up 84-84 at the half.

Second half action, I receive the ball. Having planned this since the second quarter, I purposely field the kickoff, run backwards, and dive at my own 5. Setting tempo to conservative, I proceed to call runs on first and second down to chew clock, then glitch pass to pick up the first down, and the first down only. There's a small chance I could get sacked or hit as I'm throwing so I dont wait until 4th down.

Sometimes my receiver catches the ball way downfield. If this happens I run backwards as far as I can to get as little yardage as possible.

Using this strategy of running the ball and waiting until 2 seconds on the play clock before running another play, I successfully run out all 10 minutes of the second half on one posession before kicking the GW field goal at my opponents' 3 yard line to win, 87-84.

Greatest game I've ever played

Last edited by BlastX21; 08-13-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Battle of the glitchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
So I just finished a ranked game. In the lobby I specifically said that I wanted sim players and for challengers to not use the "patch 2 glitch". Well I ended up getting this level 1 who did nothing but use the pump fake glitch. So naturally, I figure I'll use it too.

We both trade TD's all throughout the first half. With 1:32 left in the second quarter I am down 84-77. The only reason we weren't in the hundreds is because I didnt go for the TD every time. I decide to run the rest of the quarter down with runs and with 4 seconds left I hit the 64 yard glitch pass to tie it up 84-84 at the half.

Second half action, I receive the ball. Having planned this since the second quarter, I purposely field the kickoff, run backwards, and dive at my own 5. Setting tempo to conservative, I proceed to call runs on first and second down to chew clock, then glitch pass to pick up the first down, and the first down only. There's a small chance I could get sacked or hit as I'm throwing so I dont wait until 4th down.

Sometimes my receiver catches the ball way downfield. If this happens I run backwards as far as I can to get as little yardage as possible.

Using this strategy of running the ball and waiting until 2 seconds on the play clock before running another play, I successfully run out all 10 minutes of the second half on one posession before kicking the GW field goal at my opponents' 3 yard line to win, 73-70.

Greatest game I've ever played
WOW amazing! you were tied 84-84 at the half and then won the game 73-70. I didn't know you could take points off the board. This game has confirmed my fears of what will happen to playing online. Doesn't sound like much fun to me! Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Lol yeah, the glitch is THAT bad. So is my typing. I'll fix that.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:16 AM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Playing randoms online sounds like a blast!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »