Home

Your Opinons on School Pretige

This is a discussion on Your Opinons on School Pretige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Your Opinons on School Pretige

I know Michigan has great tradition.....but 6 stars seriously they won what like 8 games the last two years including a loss to Toledo. Seriously bro, Toledo lol
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 11

Boise State=5*?????
I feel this is the biggest piece of bs when I look at these. 15 years of D-1 ball......Thats not enough time to be rated 5*. When prestige comes into play a team from the WAC with 15 years in D1 should maybe be a 4 at highest but probably a 3. I understand recent sucess but over the long haul they dont deserve to be higher than those programs with 80 ior so years in D1 and belong to a power 6 conference. And if you let Boise be a 5 for recent sucess. Then knock Notre Dame down a bit because they havent been **** recently. rant over.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Georgia and Auburn as a 5 star??? It seems the only reason they're that is they're in the SEC. What has Vanderbilt done either???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #12
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyForeigner
Boise State=5*?????
I feel this is the biggest piece of bs when I look at these. 15 years of D-1 ball......Thats not enough time to be rated 5*. When prestige comes into play a team from the WAC with 15 years in D1 should maybe be a 4 at highest but probably a 3. I understand recent sucess but over the long haul they dont deserve to be higher than those programs with 80 ior so years in D1 and belong to a power 6 conference. And if you let Boise be a 5 for recent sucess. Then knock Notre Dame down a bit because they havent been **** recently. rant over.
Just because a school has been playing football since Jesus was wearing a durag down on 8th and Jerusalem doesn't mean their good. Boise State has earned that 5 star prestige. For two reasons: 1. They have beaten a "Power 6" school during their reign. 2. Every "Power 6" school in the nation is afraid to schedule them. That's not an opinion, that's fact. Their was an article written about it earlier in the year.

Gotta give the respect when its due
Old 08-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Just because a school has been playing football since Jesus was wearing a durag down on 8th and Jerusalem doesn't mean their good. Boise State has earned that 5 star prestige. For two reasons: 1. They have beaten a "Power 6" school during their reign. 2. Every "Power 6" school in the nation is afraid to schedule them. That's not an opinion, that's fact. Their was an article written about it earlier in the year.

I believe that too that's why I didn't list them. No one will schedule them absolutely no one. I remember when Cinci, TCu ,and Boise State were undefeated heading into bowl season is that they weren't as good as Florida, Texas, or Alabama because they didn't have the depth to stand the power conferences.

My counterpoint for that is if they were in the Pac-10 they're recruiting would get better. Most Recruits want to go to top conferences and when the Broncos make it to one they will get even better two years in.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:

10' vs Va Tech
10' vs Oregon State
09' W vs Oregon 18-9
08' W @ Oregon 37-32
07' L @ Washington 24-10
06' W vs Oregon State 42-14
05' L @ Georgia 48-13
05' L @ Oregon State 30-27

Thats just the past 5 seasons, so no one will schedule tehm from a power conference? Anyway I understand sucess is sucess in any conference. But if prestige is gonna be based on recent sucess they should stay constant with all colleges and not keep a ND so high.

This also means your verifying that they are equal in prestige with Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech. so still stand by your comment?

Last edited by FrostyForeigner; 08-15-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
ctt
Rookie

ctt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

You must not get much college football news over in Germany, my friend.

Two things:

First off, I'm pretty sure legit 5 and 6 star prestige schools beat "Power 6" schools on a fairly regular basis.. Not just "during their reign" like Boise State.

Secondly, are you trying to say teams are afraid to schedule Boise? Thats a joke. Teams don't want to schedule Boise St. because they want a HUGE payout to play the big boys, prime example is Va Tech has to pay them 1.25 mil just to play them this year. Also, no major team wants to travel to that ****ty WAC stadium that holds 35k..

Boise St should be a 4 star school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

I think there should be certain factors in prestige like Team prestige, School prestige, and Academic prestige or something.

I think it is way to easy to build up a teams prestige maybe they should be a 1/2 star or something not just +1 star when you win 10 games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »