Home

Franchise players lacking weight

This is a discussion on Franchise players lacking weight within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Franchise players lacking weight

Intresting....I really haven't checked out the "finished product". Can u tell the difference in the game, between say a 196lb DE and a 260 lb DE.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

There are always going to be some guys who have high ratings and don't fit the prototypical size at all (I'm talking real life). And like people have said, recruits come in at all different sizes. I haven't played this year's version yet (just got my copy today and working on the rosters), but in the past there have been issues with this. I don't doubt that it's still a problem.

Someone mentioned the idea of an added feature where you set parameters for how you want your recruits to train. I think it would be a great idea (along with hiring assistants/position coaches... but that's a different topic). You'd hire a strength coach, give him guidelines for what you want your players to focus on (speed, brute strength, weight gain/loss... especially great if you could set parameters for each individual player), and go from there. That would really help create individual team identities, which is a primary factor in what makes college football so much fun, but has always been lacking in the EA version.

Basically... EA's college football game needs to find a way to put a lot more personality and individuality into each player. They shouldn't be just a number... there should be a road each guy takes to where he's going, and there should be a lot of ways to get there.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

There's is a 4 star DE im recruiting in my dynasty that is 6'5 283 found various LBs who's 6'4 245+ and even found a CB that is 6'3 220.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaking332
There's is a 4 star DE im recruiting in my dynasty that is 6'5 283 found various LBs who's 6'4 245+ and even found a CB that is 6'3 220.
In real life, that DE probably ends up growing into a DT, those linebackers end up at defensive end and that corner doesn't spend a day in the secondary (likely moves to LB... but really, probably never played corner in the first place).
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #13
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Before the 1st tuner set and 2nd patch I did 2 different sim test. I recorded some data and included player weight. I tracked the top 10 players at each star grade of the 2011 class both sims. I saw most of the 5* and 4* players gain 10-15lbs over a 4-5 year career. I did see one 5* OLB, 6'3" 196lb, as a freshman become a 225lb stud by his senior year. That was the only player I saw gain more then 15lbs. The 3* and lower guys saw very little weight gain. One 3* DE started out as a 6'5" 236lbs and ended up 248lbs. Most of the guys who went to the big schools like Texas, Florida, USC, Michigan, Ohio St., and Bama all saw the most gain where guys that went to low level schools like Rice, Utah St., SMU, and Idaho saw very little to no gain.
The weight gain is there but nothing like true life. I wish EA would catch up to the other game makers and give us complete player edits in dynasty mode. It's our game so we should be able to play it the way we want and not have EA mess it up with little things like this. I hate nothing more then playing with a school that runs a 3-4 and not having the players to run it because EA can't ever get players or progression right.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't have a problem with the players coming in underweight, the issue is they never grown into their weight. And if you try and move an undersized player to a position that makes more sense, their OVR plummets to 40.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its balanced out in my opinion. I just recruited a DT that was 348 lbs at 6'0" and a DE that is 6'4" 285 lbs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I don't have a problem with the players coming in underweight, the issue is they never grown into their weight. And if you try and move an undersized player to a position that makes more sense, their OVR plummets to 40.
Agree 100%. Tons of players are at the wrong positions this year. No logic for the 3-4 either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »