Home

Team Animations after TD

This is a discussion on Team Animations after TD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Team Animations after TD

Arizona State
Baylor
Colorado
Florida
Florida State
Houston
Miami
NC State
TCU
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
USC
USF
Old 08-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Arizona State
Baylor
Colorado
Florida
Florida State
Houston
Miami
NC State
TCU
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
USC
USF
Do you have a description of what the celebrations are after they score? I'm curious to know.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I believe it represents a pitch fork.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pit...sture)#History

The Shocker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronizzle
Do you have a description of what the celebrations are after they score? I'm curious to know.
Glad to my man. Mind you the high majority of these are indeed real, but I like to throw comedy around in my life. So some are quite funny. Even some of the actual ones I cheesed up a little.

Arizona State- Pitchfork (simply the peace sign with the pinky extended, for those that are slang-knowledgeable, it is the Shocker)

Baylor- Bear Claw (extending all fingers and slightly bending them)

Colorado- Buffalo Horns (identical to Hook Em)

Florida- Gator Chomp (extending the arms, widening them, and bringing them together in a chomping motion)

Florida State- Tomahawk (extending and bending the arm, usually the right arm, at the elbow. Mostly to the tune of the overplayed Warchant.)

Houston- Cougar Paw (similar to ASU's Pitchfork, but with the extended fingers bent)

Miami- The U (raising both hands, with the thumbs making mirrored "L" shapes and touching)

NC State- The Wolf (similar to Hook Em, but with the middle and ring fingers extended outward and touching the thumb, forming a "wolf's head". In the game, the player separates the finger combo from the thumb multiple times, mimicking a "barking" motion)

TCU- Frog Horns (identical to the Cougar Paw at Houston)

Tennessee- UT (extending the arms nearly into a touchdown signal "U", then lowering them to a horizontal position, "T". For those familiar with the man, Terrell Owens formerly did a celebration similar to this, starting with the "T", then raising his arms above his head to form an "O".)

Texas- Hook Em (We're all college football fans here, no need to go into detail. But for the occasional new guy, it is a closed fist with the index and pinky finger extended.)

Texas A&M- Gig Em (an over-glorified thumbs up)

Texas Tech- Guns Up (forming a gun shape with the index finger and thumb. It's wrong in the game, as the player doesn't extend the thumb.)

UCF- UCF signal (extended arms form the U, then lower the arms into a "C", a la YMCA, then lower the upper arm into the shape of an F)

USC- Victory (a highly excited peace sign, to the tune of Fight On, which coincidentally is played every seven seconds, score or not.)

USF- Bull Horns (identical to Hook Em)

Edit: There are more that were left out of the game, I'll include them (more or less fan motions).

Kansas- Wave the Wheat (fans raise their arms, extend the fingers, and sway back and forth, alternating rows. I.e. Row 1 starts left, Row 2 starts right, etc.)

Michigan- Tears of Sorrow (this tradition must have just started recently, but sometimes when I watch UM games, during the 4th Quarter, the fans are in their seats with their faces buried in their hands.)

Ohio State- The O (all the fans extend their arms over their head and form an O)

Oklahoma State- Guns Up, Wave the Wheat, etc. (sadly they can't come up with their own traditions)

SMU- Pony Up (simply a peace sign with the fingers bent)

Utah- The Mighty U (similar to Miami's U, but only involving the index finger and thumb, instead of all fingers)

UTEP- The Pick-Axe (both hands in a fist, thumbs extended. Touch the hands at the pinky sides. Make sure the arms are touching all the way from the pinky knuckles to the elbows. Word to the wise, if you're fat like me, don't try this. You're elbows won't touch, and if you are around people, they will get a good laugh at your expense. And kudos to all of you that actually tried to do this.)

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 08-18-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

[quote=Oklahoma State- Guns Up, Wave the Wheat, etc. (sadly they can't come up with their own traditions)[/QUOTE]

Don't get this started. I've nearly been in fights with Tech fans who can't let this go for whatever reason. It's pretty clear that this was first done at Texas Tech (sometime in the 70s I believe), but it's a stretch to say we "stole" it. For one, we don't call it "guns up." In truth, we don't really call it anything. I guess the most common thing yelled in conjunction with it is "Go Pokes," however, it's really just something that feels natural to do when your mascot is the Cowboys. Pistol Pete's six shooter is a featured part of the mascot. Does the Red Raider even carry a gun? I thought he or she just had a lasso.

And second, it's no where near as featured at OSU as it is at Tech. The Orange Power Chant and the Wave are much more prominent. In fact, if you look at the traditions page, "guns up" isn't even listed as an OSU tradition. People have just sort of picked up on it. However, it's sporadic. You'll never see the entire student section giving the "guns up" sign like at Tech. You'll just some people here and there doing it.

Now for the Wave. It is NOT the waving of the wheat. I can't tell you how many people get this wrong. Even some OSU fans are mistaken. The real story is in the link (for anyone who cares to find out). I assume you're claiming we ripped off Kansas with this tradition, but that's not the case.
http://www.okstate.com/trads/traditions.html

Last edited by Pokes404; 08-18-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

UCF also has one in the game. The guy starts out with making a U with his arm, shifts it to a C, and then finishes it off with a shift to a F then jumps in the air.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
Rookie

Husky086's Arena

OVR: 0

Slightly different from the ones posted above, but after a UConn touchdown, a mascot/player celebration has the player act as the driver of a sled team and "mush" Jonathan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #16
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Don't get this started. I've nearly been in fights with Tech fans who can't let this go for whatever reason. It's pretty clear that this was first done at Texas Tech (sometime in the 70s I believe), but it's a stretch to say we "stole" it. For one, we don't call it "guns up." In truth, we don't really call it anything. I guess the most common thing yelled in conjunction with it is "Go Pokes," however, it's really just something that feels natural to do when your mascot is the Cowboys. Pistol Pete's six shooter is a featured part of the mascot. Does the Red Raider even carry a gun? I thought he or she just had a lasso.

And second, it's no where near as featured at OSU as it is at Tech. The Orange Power Chant and the Wave are much more prominent. In fact, if you look at the traditions page, "guns up" isn't even listed as an OSU tradition. People have just sort of picked up on it. However, it's sporadic. You'll never see the entire student section giving the "guns up" sign like at Tech. You'll just some people here and there doing it.

Now for the Wave. It is NOT the waving of the wheat. I can't tell you how many people get this wrong. Even some OSU fans are mistaken. The real story is in the link (for anyone who cares to find out). I assume you're claiming we ripped off Kansas with this tradition, but that's not the case.
http://www.okstate.com/trads/traditions.html
Firstly, chill out. If you read the very first part of my post, I said I like comedy. I was making a joke. Second, I know guys that go to Okie State, I have no problem with the school or its fans. Sorry if I offended you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »