Home

Recruiting - The one that got away

This is a discussion on Recruiting - The one that got away within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting - The one that got away

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The cool thing about all these stoires is that you no longer take 5* guys from granted. When I get a commit from a top guy that I've put alot of work into recruiting I feel like I've done something. Last year I could sign a 5* and not even blank this year I get excited for a 3* blocking TE.
Three years in and I'm finally going after a five star... #1 QB soft to me but Texas is only -1 i'm so nervous for it to advance this week
Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMahoney
Three years in and I'm finally going after a five star... #1 QB soft to me but Texas is only -1 i'm so nervous for it to advance this week
Keep us updated!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #35
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
With the recruiting this year being more diffcult I thought I cant be the only one to get his heartbroke after losing a recruit that you just knew you was gonna get.

QB was a major need for me as I will only have 2 on my roster next year. My starter next year will be a junior and he's one of the best in the conf. so he could go pro after next year. My backup is a freshman who isnt rated good and I'm not comfortable starting him. I didnt go after a QB last year bc I wanted to wait for a elite guy this year. So I could redshirt him and he would be able to start his redshirt sophmore year.

I go after a 6'3 QB for Ohio by the name of James Crum. He was a good all around QB but more of a scrambler with B speed, B+ agility, C+ Break Tackle, C+ Elu. He has also a solid arm with both rated B.

After being #1 on his list for about 5 weeks I get a soft commit from him. I spend another 60 min on him and expect to get the hard commit from him the follwing week. When I advanced Ohio St now has him to a soft commit and the following week they get him to hard commit. Now both 5* QB's in the class are now commited to OSU and I'm stuck left with a bunch of scrubs at QB

Man I was so tore up I even thought about restarting the week then I realized im 28 years old and I dont need to be doing that. What similar stoires have yall had?

So I thought I would give everyone a update on this even if you dont care it'll make me fill good. James Crum the QB I lost is now 4th on the depth chart with a 81 overall as a true freshman. All 3 of his speed and both of his throw ratings are 86-90 so that part still stings. But the part I take joy in is that the guys ahead of him are a junior, true sophmore and another true freshman. So i'll be watching the transfer wire this offseason to see if he leaves.

The update on my team after not getting a QB in the offseason I came in with 2 scholorship QB's on my team and one of them rated real low. I had a lot of QB's intrested in me and added 5 to my board. I got lucky and the instate QB class was loaded with 2 5* and another 4. I got a commiment from one of the 5* star QB's who I had 3rd on my peaking order. His ratings dont really blow me away (B in both passing ratings, c+ speed) so I'm hoping to land another one.

My top 2 targets tare 2 5* guys that Im currently 2nd behind LSU for both. These guys are elite cant miss QB's so I have my fingers crossed. I got the first one in for a visit this week and LSU doesnt get a visit for 5 more weeks. I was just 20 points behind and I waited and offerd him a scholorship this week since he was on his visit. I need a QB with A- arm power and B speed.

ok im done with my rant lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »