Home

ESPN CLASSIC ANYONE HIGHER THAN 2707?

This is a discussion on ESPN CLASSIC ANYONE HIGHER THAN 2707? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ESPN CLASSIC ANYONE HIGHER THAN 2707?

4503 in the first game I played on Heisman. I was Navy versus Maryland. The game was back and forth all game with Ricky Dobbs driving down the field with seconds left. A pass was completed with 8 seconds left and no timeout at the 1 yard line and Dobbs lined up and pushed it in to tie the game at 24 all. In the first OT, I fumbled on the first play and thought the game was over. Yet, two tackles for losses and then a sack left Maryland going for a long 4th down as they were out of field goal range and it failed. Maryland then scored in a couple plays and Dobbs was able to match the score on the run I believe. So now at 31 all, each team must go for two in the 3rd overtime. Both teams scored and added the two in the 3rd overtime. In the 4th overtime, Maryland scored but the two point attempt on a pass to the far corner was broken up by my linebacker. I needed a couple 4th down conversions if I remember correctly to tie the game and Dobbs put in the 2 for a 47-45 victory.

Although no where near as high (1874 max), I played 4 more greatest games with Navy in that season. I scored a touchdown with less than 10 seconds left in 4 different games that either won the game or sent it into overtime. All of that led to a undefeated regular season and the Orange Bowl loss to Va Tech. It was the most insane season I have every played.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #10
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

3705 with Army vs TCU in the Las Vegas Bowl. TCU was B overall and my team was D- everything, it was my first year as Army.

It was a lot of back and forth, I knocked out their Heisman runner up QB in the 2nd play (listed as out for 3 weeks) so they didn't have the best QB and went to mainly run. I had a RB on the team who was around 92 speed with 94 acceleration and mainly went to him the entire game along with my decent WR breaking some big plays on slant routes. Game ended 57-56.

I don't remember everything that happened but I remember getting an onside late in the 4th to get the go ahead score. I was able to get good pressure on their QB in their final drive to make him miss some good opportunities, as well as him just missing some passes. If the time didn't run out they most likely would have scored and won the game.

I have another that's 2733 with Army and it's against WMU. Don't really remember the game but it ended 20-21. I believe it was played when my RB was out for a few weeks.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

3,500-something in a double-OT loss with Minnesota vs. Kansas. I drove 70 yards in 30 seconds and scored on the final play of the fourth quarter to force OT. I was surprised it got that high a score, the only time I've topped 3,000 in about 35 games.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »