Home

Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

This is a discussion on Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
I rather play with and teach my daughter for 4 hours a day than play my xbox.
Who are you and what have you done with the real PS?

How do I keep from resetting? Remind myself that it's just a freaking video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #42
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticapnews
Who are you and what have you done with the real PS?

How do I keep from resetting? Remind myself that it's just a freaking video game.
LOL my programming time is just down time at work or on the 2 days a week she is with the baby sitter. She is my top priority, sorry Im sure I could get the PS CF out quicker, but nothing in my life takes me away from my time with her lol

And also sorry to the TS for AubOrange and my banter taking over his thread.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-19-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8

Well I must have passed the test. I took a 52-17 drubbing from Miami last night against my seminoles. I did sim out most of the 4th.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #44
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

This is gonna sound really dumb, but I used to keep a plastic bag, cardboard, paper, or some other garbage by me when I would play in case I got mad, then I would tear it to shreds.

I don't do that now though. Now when I get really mad I usually shut the game off, then next time I play I simulate it until I lose. That works pretty well. Usually if I get really really mad, I can't just put it down for a few hours, I'm usually done with that perticular game for at least the day. I'll either play something else (usually COD, FIFA, or Heavy Rain) or do something else.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #45
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

NCAA 2010, Georgia Tech/Virginia Tech rivalry alive and well. This was one of the hardest tests I've ever had to keep from turning the game off and/or throwing my controller threw the tv screen.

Please take the time to read the run down of this game, I posted this last fall:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...29-post11.html

That is the single game, but to get the jist of my dynasty, here is a link to my thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...isfortune.html

I played football for 17 years and played collegiate ball, I don't see how anyone can play this game and not get fired up and get mad when they lose. I cuss, tell my players what to do, and get fired up when I make big plays/big hits. I love it, it allows me to keep living out my passion of football and actually have control over it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I played football for 17 years and played collegiate ball, I don't see how anyone can play this game and not get fired up and get mad when they lose. I cuss, tell my players what to do, and get fired up when I make big plays/big hits. I love it, it allows me to keep living out my passion of football and actually have control over it.
I get plenty fired up, but in the end it's just a video game. The outcome matters to exactly one person.

Now, when Peyton Manning throws a pick-6 in the Super Bowl...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #47
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
The day I get angry at a video game is the day I stop playing.
I wish I was that zen. I get angry with most of my games at one time or another (ever been knifed in MW2 by someone 4 feet away? constantly miss layups in a 2k game?). However, I know my limits - I don't throw the controller because I'm not willing to spend the money to buy another.

As far as resetting an NCAA game? I have reset them from time to time. One bad play won't do it, though. I think most people know when playing a sports game whether they're being legitimately beaten, or cheesed. I have no problem being beaten by the better team and/or player.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #48
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah, if you never get angry at the game, you must be playing on varsity.

But, the more angry or disappointed you get with losses, the sweeter the victories are.

I haven't gotten too mad at the game in a while, but that's only because recently I've only been playing dynasties with small schools and building them up. When you do that, you expect to lose. It's more of a disappointment thing when that happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »