Home

This game goes on Ebay is PA isn't fixed via patch....

This is a discussion on This game goes on Ebay is PA isn't fixed via patch.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: This game goes on Ebay is PA isn't fixed via patch....

The PA rollout is a pretty vital part of my offense. You have to run the ball to set it up and fake snap once or twice to get the defense to jump.

BTW, I'm playing on All-American with adjusted sliders.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't use play action that much, but when I do, I do it in a shotgun formation, so I'm further back.

Since I had trouble with it at first, I kinda quit using it. I'll have to try it again.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ditto, people are blaming the game because they don't know how to correctly utilize it in context of the game of football. Pretty pathetic really IMO.
The game is partially to blame, because the play action develops way too slow relative to the rest of the action on the field...

It's a bit like the animation for tipped passes by linebackers and DBs, in which you see them speed up all of a sudden and you know the pass is going to be deflected...

Both things just need a slight adjustment... And yes both can be dealt with as is.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Playaction is a high risk, high reward play. If you are seeing guys blitz and you dont have protection on that side, audible.

I am able to run sucessful PA plays. PA plays were too easy in the past and I'm enjoying them way more now.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

Best football game since 2005 (we won't mention it by name). What joy this title is.

PA is tough on this game no doubt...but you need to work atit and link up plays to pull it off. And it is not something you should be calling a lot. I remember in Madden last year it was a total AI exploit.

Go ahead...throw it up on Ebay. Meantime the replay value is amazing with this puppy. They just need to patch the recruit progressions (are they going to address that?).

The game is awesome!!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ditto, people are blaming the game because they don't know how to correctly utilize it in context of the game of football. Pretty pathetic really IMO.
Pathetic? A bit strong for a video game forum. Keep in mind that people play at different levels and/or sliders which may affect gameplay. A PA pass is a lot easier to pull off w/o sliders in effect to make gameplay more difficult.

Also, I wish there were more PA plays available that kept blockers in. I think that's why so many without a roll-out end badly. With 1 or both TE leaving, you're extremely vunerable to the blitz. Sure, you can always manipulate the play at the line of scrimmage, but you shouldn't always have to ...

Personally, I love the PA plays that have the lead blocker (FB) in the flats. It's a great hot route option if you're catching a serious pass rush. Unfortunately, my current FB can't catch a lick.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #15
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm sure EA cares if you sell it on eBay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #16
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

This has ran it's course.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »