Home

So what's the Difficulty Level verdict?

This is a discussion on So what's the Difficulty Level verdict? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What say you?
Moved to Varsity 19 16.38%
Stayed on AA 64 55.17%
Jumped to Heisman 33 28.45%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #25
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: So what's the Difficulty Level verdict?

Went to Varsity level using PM's sliders and I have found a whole new game! Loving it so far, and the CPU can actually run the ball. Imagine that...

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

'nother question, have any of you Heisman guys tried Varsity with sliders? I've heard good things but I'm really curious how it could possibly work without being way, way too easy.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
'nother question, have any of you Heisman guys tried Varsity with sliders? I've heard good things but I'm really curious how it could possibly work without being way, way too easy.
I have my dynasty going with Pm's varsity sliders. Love it.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #28
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Dude...PM's Varsity sliders are NOT easy. Trust me. I'm having a harder time using them than I ever had on AA with my own tweaks (pre OR post patch)

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 08-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
Dude...PM's Varsity sliders are NOT easy. Trust me. I'm having a harder time using them than I ever had on AA with my own tweaks (pre OR post patch)
Can you explain why? I'm open to anything, just trying to find a difficulty level and slider combination that challenges me without feeling cheap. To me it just seems weird that Varsity would be harder than AA, regardless of sliders.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
For you Heisman guys, what would you say makes it harder than AA exactly, in the post-patch 2 world?
I think one of the biggest things is the line play. Your OL does not run or pass block as well. The cpu lines play a lot better as well.

Overall, playing offense is a lot harder on Heisman. Defense is still playable as I wouldn't say the cpu offense if overpowered other than pass blocking.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Can you explain why? I'm open to anything, just trying to find a difficulty level and slider combination that challenges me without feeling cheap. To me it just seems weird that Varsity would be harder than AA, regardless of sliders.
I think the players play more to their ratings on Varsity than they do on AA or Heisman. If you're playing against a QB who's got poor passing ratings, he's going to be pretty bad...on heisman, that same player maybe goes 25/30 for 350 yards, whereas on Varsity he may go 12/27 125 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I think the players play more to their ratings on Varsity than they do on AA or Heisman. If you're playing against a QB who's got poor passing ratings, he's going to be pretty bad...on heisman, that same player maybe goes 25/30 for 350 yards, whereas on Varsity he may go 12/27 125 yards.
I hear that argument a lot but I don't think it's true at all. Players play to their ratings quite a bit on Heisman. Quite frankly I think that argument just gets repeated by guys who don't play on Heisman.

AA is the most balanced imo as the slider tweaks for the average gamer are more reserved or balanced. To play on Varsity (and quite a few here do) those guys have to tweak sliders like crazy to give the cpu a chance. What is balanced about that? How do massive slider changes indicate players play to their ratings more? You can do the same thing on Heisman to give the user an advantage (instead of the cpu on Varsity) and have the game play very similar.

I've tried all three levels in the past. In NCAA '09 I gave Varsity, AA and Heisman all a fair shake and the truth is you can make all three levels play very similar with slider tweaks. Each level might have a few distinct differences but they really aren't that big. Whatever level people want to play on is fine. It's all user preference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »