Home

Does the CPU ever intentionally redshirt players?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU ever intentionally redshirt players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Does the CPU ever intentionally redshirt players?

Yes, I have seen players on CPU teams that have a RS by their class after they have redshirted. But a player will be redshirted at the end of the year just as long as they don't play, whether you redshirted them at the start of the season or not.

So does the CPU ever redshirt players, or are their redshirts just from the players being buried in the depth chart? I've looked through various teams rosters, and I never seem to see any players that have the "red shirt" icon, like players on your team do during the season they are being redshirted. Also, I've noticed a lot of situations where players appear on the CPU's depth chart in situations where I would have put the redshirt on them for sure.

Anyways, sorry if this is a confusing read... it was hard for me to explain this the way that I wanted to. But from what I've seen, it doesn't look like cpu ever redshirts players at the start of the season, and their redshirts result from being buried in the depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Does the CPU ever intentionally redshirt players?

I have not seen it. All the red shirts I have seen come from not playing. The small schools have freshmen red shirt due to them not placed on the depth chart at all.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does the CPU ever intentionally redshirt players?

Thats exactly right. The computer redshirts all freshmen that are not on the depth chart in any way. Dont forget to make sure they arent on punt/ kick return either. My rosters are thorough enough to keep freshmen who WILL not play (in all likelihood) off the depth chart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »