Home

The Capable WR - An Endangered Species?

This is a discussion on The Capable WR - An Endangered Species? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Capable WR - An Endangered Species?

I'm in the 9th year of my dynasty and having a difficult time finding a WR who can actually catch the ball! In the last few seasons only one or two of the top WR will have B or higher rated catching skills, but the VAST majority of the rest are rated a D/D-. This includes the 4-star recruits!

Ocassionally, I'll find a WR ranked at 4 or 3 stars with a C+/B- catch rating, but they'll also be rated a B/B- or even lower in speed an acceleration.

Anyone dealing with this as well? If so, what's the deal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Capable WR - An Endangered Species?

Havent really noticed the catch rating being as low as you reported. However the farthest ive gone is year 3 in a dynasty.

Best thing to do is create WR prospects, time consuming but is worth it if you really want to resolve the issue.

Post this item in the tuning requests and/or bugs glitches forums
Old 08-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I have. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 WR recruits with over a D in catching including high 4 star recruits. Makes no sense. Speed, Route Running, & Catching. That should be the 3 most important attributes for a WR with the basic "catching" rating being the most important IMO.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I have. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 WR recruits with over a D in catching including high 4 star recruits. Makes no sense. Speed, Route Running, & Catching. That should be the 3 most important attributes for a WR with the basic "catching" rating being the most important IMO.
Hmmm...Ill have to take a closer look, thats disapointing. Since they are rated a D...does that mean they have catch ratings in the 60s?

The feedback from Russ seems like they believe WR ratings are just fine, so im not sure they will tune WR recruits, which I disagree with
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think the further you go along in your dynasty, the worse it gets.

Take a look at the other complimentary stats as well ... spin move, juke move, break tackle, etc ... mostly ALL in the D's as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Hmmm...Ill have to take a closer look, thats disapointing. Since they are rated a D...does that mean they have catch ratings in the 60s?

The feedback from Russ seems like they believe WR ratings are just fine, so im not sure they will tune WR recruits, which I disagree with
My bad. I meant "I have seen the same thing about WR's being rated way to low in catching"
Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11

I must have a good class coming in then ... I went through a ton of available (Top 10 commit status in Week 10) 3* WRs last night, and I found at least 10 with C catching. I found 1 3* with B catching ... needless to say I am recruiting the heck out of him.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

Most of my WR corps is freshmen right now, including two of my top four, and I'll say that drops haven't really been an issue at all, despite the low catch ratings. Just checked my numbers through eight games and the two frosh I've been throwing to the most have three drops combined, fwiw. (Catch slider at default.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »