Home

Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane

This is a discussion on Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter
Hmm, well I haven't seen too much inflated except ridiculous amounts of sacks and low running yards but I'm attributing that to the fact that the best HB for SDSU is a 76 and I have yet to face a real running threat, but maybe having rush defense for cpu at 60 while rb ability is 50 and run blocking is 55 is affecting after the second patch is making it so that rb can't run well so teams are resorting to passing.
I'd say something is definitely wrong if you're holding Mizzouri to -45 rushing yards. Try bumping up their rushing sliders a bit, and crank up their pass blocking so you aren't getting so many sacks.

But then again, if they do find more success in running against you, that's just going to shoot up their rushing attempts to unrealistic levels.

Again, my personal suggestion is taking down the quarter time a notch. Try taking it down to 9 or 8... Ideally 7 or lower.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Thats why

Sliders <<<<<<

I have never and will never use them!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter
Well...I'm not playing the games. I'm watching the CPU play them out against each other. I have SDSU set to a 60 run/pass offense slider so 40-45 pass plays isn't completely unreasonable (especially since they can never get the running game going very strong) but I think the Missouri game got out of hand because of their no huddle not eating up the clock.
You're watching the game? Really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #12
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
I'd say something is definitely wrong if you're holding Mizzouri to -45 rushing yards. Try bumping up their rushing sliders a bit, and crank up their pass blocking so you aren't getting so many sacks.

But then again, if they do find more success in running against you, that's just going to shoot up their rushing attempts to unrealistic levels.

Again, my personal suggestion is taking down the quarter time a notch. Try taking it down to 9 or 8... Ideally 7 or lower.
I'm gonna lower my quarter length to 10 lower the rush defense slider 55 and see if that helps the games balance out some. I'll probably watch 2-3 more games and see how it plays out then just start over yet again once I find a good balance.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermatic
You're watching the game? Really?
Yes, really. Got a problem with it? I'd prefer to let my players play their ratings rather than have me play as an uber QB seeing the entire field or always finding the hole with my HB, etc.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

wow just wow....never heard of someone who just watches the games but to each his own
Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

LOL I can kind of see why you might enjoy watching them... Maybe step away and do something else in the middle of it... I mean, that's basically what Head Coach was, and what half of RTG is now.

I will say this, though. I doubt anybody's sliders is going to be helpful to you if you're doing this. Sliders are made with the human at mind.

You should reset everything to default, really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

7 minute quarters does not give realistic amount of plays unless you play at Mach speed. 8 minutes, or even 9 are the only two that really can produce a realistic amount of plays consistently.

11 minute quarters is way too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »