Home

3* 59 OVR Rated RB makes 85 OVR K/P? (Possible reason 4 Depth Chart Wackiness?)

This is a discussion on 3* 59 OVR Rated RB makes 85 OVR K/P? (Possible reason 4 Depth Chart Wackiness?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 3* 59 OVR Rated RB makes 85 OVR K/P? (Possible reason 4 Depth Chart Wackiness?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
EA made it so recruits can play more positions this year.
Did they? I think they just changed some players/recrutis positions around to lower the ratings. In doing this they forgot to lower their old positions ratings.
I don't know if its a depth chart glitch or just poor logic but there is a issue. I spent the better part of 2 days ( out sick from work) working on depth charts for the cpu teams in a offline dyansty I have going. It's only in year 2 but I did see some issues. The issue I have is when the team has players at a position but they don't make it on the depth chart. I saw a lot of the same guys listed as the top back-up at multiple positions. I won't call this a glitch but poor logic. This could all be fixed with better cpu logic and if the cpu would change positions of players like a human player would.
I do like haveing a guy that is a 68ovr at one position but a 77ovr at another but only if it makes sense. I don't want to see a 220lb LB become a stud at DE or DT. A DB that becomes a stud RB is more like it.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: 3* 59 OVR Rated RB makes 85 OVR K/P? (Possible reason 4 Depth Chart Wackiness?)

Would you rather be a 3star RB or a 5star kicker?

I'd know which one i'd rather be.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #11
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4

During my 3rd or 4th year with Troy, I recruited a 3* FS J. Johnson. Due to lack of depth I started him at a 65 overall. In his sophomore year there was a 63 overall CB whose rating at FS was a 68 which ended up being better than the 3* Johnson.

So i did some investigating in the ratings to find out why he was better than Johnson. After looking at both players to see which one I wanted to choose for FS, low and behold, I find out Johnson had 91 Throw Power and 87 Throw Accuracy! (As a 3* Recruited as a Free Safety, in his sophomore year ?? )

Some times the strangest things happen in this game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGraen23
During my 3rd or 4th year with Troy, I recruited a 3* FS J. Johnson. Due to lack of depth I started him at a 65 overall. In his sophomore year there was a 63 overall CB whose rating at FS was a 68 which ended up being better than the 3* Johnson.

So i did some investigating in the ratings to find out why he was better than Johnson. After looking at both players to see which one I wanted to choose for FS, low and behold, I find out Johnson had 91 Throw Power and 87 Throw Accuracy! (As a 3* Recruited as a Free Safety, in his sophomore year ?? )

This is why I think EA just moved guys positions around to lower ratings instead of editing ratings all together.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
Rookie

MajaFiggaz's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
EA made it so recruits can play more positions this year.
Maybe so, but this is quite extreme. I could see a guy who comes in as a RB, being a better FB, WR, TE, or even maybe reassigned to a Linebacker or Defensive Back. But for this guy to be one of the the best punters in the nation is a bit weird. With that said I'm not complaining. This guy just netted me my first 45+ yard field goal in 2 seasons, as my previous kicker(rated 57) had a wet noodle for a leg
Old 08-21-2010, 04:06 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

As stated previously, welcome to the depth chart fiasco man. I've hand edited 40 teams up to this point. Took me almost six days for that (I only have a good 45 minutes to an hour and a half per day for game time). Yeah. Haven't played an actual game of NCAA or Madden in a good week or so trying to fix that ****.

I planned on correcting all 100+ teams, I dont think I can do anymore though.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #15
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGraen23

Now you're going to make me check all my incoming recruits for cool things like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Would you rather be a 3star RB or a 5star kicker?

I'd know which one i'd rather be.
5* kicker almost certainly means you are going pro if you can consistently kick 50+ yarders or punt 50 yards.

1million dollar easy money

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »