Home

EA needs to update Houston Cougars Defense

This is a discussion on EA needs to update Houston Cougars Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA needs to update Houston Cougars Defense

A lot of you are missing the point. Yes, it's easy enough to make the change before a play now game or in dynasty if you are controlling UH.

But what about play now games or dynasties where you aren't playing as the Coogs? In those situations Houston will be unfairly handicapped due to the fact that their roster is built to play a 3-4 ( i.e. UH has more good LB's than it does d-linemen). This is especially true for people using one of the many excellent corrected rosters that can be found in the roster thread.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFTirade
Eh...Houston's defense is not too good anyways so no worries

lol, From a UCF fan
I'm with you, regardless, they're going to be terrible.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #11
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A lot of you are missing the point. Yes, it's easy enough to make the change before a play now game or in dynasty if you are controlling UH.

But what about play now games or dynasties where you aren't playing as the Coogs? In those situations Houston will be unfairly handicapped due to the fact that their roster is built to play a 3-4 ( i.e. UH has more good LB's than it does d-linemen). This is especially true for people using one of the many excellent corrected rosters that can be found in the roster thread.
You can change the Coach Strategy for other teams in an Offline Dynasty.
If you have the patience and a willing person to help then you can set another team's Coach Strategy in Online Dynasty.

It will only be Play Now games where Houston would continue using the original playbooks.

There are plenty of teams that are incorrect. Texas Tech is another team that immediately comes to mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFTirade
Eh...Houston's defense is not too good anyways so no worries

lol, From a UCF fan
That was last year. I'm not saying we'll be great defensively (or even good for that matter). I will guarantee you this: we will be significantly better on that side of the ball than we were last year (after finishing 09 ranked 111th in total defense, there is almost nowhere to go but up ).

Most people don't realize how young the 09 Coogs were. Six of the 8 def. linemen in the two deep rotation were true freshmen, kids who had been playing high school football one year earlier. Not surprisngly they routinely got pushed around by older, bigger and stronger o-linemen.

The situation in the secondary was just as bad. The coaches had so little faith in our inexperienced reserve db's that we almost never played anything other than a base 4-3, even against 3+ wr sets.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You can change the Coach Strategy for other teams in an Offline Dynasty.
If you have the patience and a willing person to help then you can set another team's Coach Strategy in Online Dynasty.

It will only be Play Now games where Houston would continue using the original playbooks.

There are plenty of teams that are incorrect. Texas Tech is another team that immediately comes to mind.
All of that presumes that the user is actually aware of the change in the first place.

Your point about this not just being UH thing is well taken, and imo the same points I made previously are equally applicable to any team whose off. or def playbooks "in the game" are incorrect.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-24-2010 at 11:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »