Home

EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

This is a discussion on EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Many folks would say the same about the real world version of the BCS. Maybe this game is a better sim than you think?
This thread can now be closed.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
2 things for you...

1) WVU, who plays in the Big East, does not have a "championship game" to do determine the conference champion. I see you carefully chose your words with "won their conference championship" as to lead some passer-bys that they won a deciding game to accomplish that. They did not because it does not exist. They won the conference based on a taly of wins against conference opponents. So did Alabama.
The Big 10 and Pac 10 doesn't have a championship game either. So should thier teams that don't lose a game be penelized too since they don't play a championship game?? That argument is flawed.

Quote:
2) They only played 11 fricking games, dood. Eleven. does that mean I should schedule Alabama to only play 10 this year to decrease the possibility of getting beaten so my BCS title game hopes are stronger? Really? You have to factor that into the logic here. Alabam played 13 and don't even get me started on the toughness of schedule between the two. Please make an argument that WVU is a better team than Alabama. the BCS is based on picking the best team to play in the big games and NOT the team with the ebst overall record. Go do some looking and my point will be obvious. For example, a 2-loss LSU team was picked to play for the BCS NC game in 2007. Two losses!! And guess what? they played a 1-loss Ohio State team in that game and beat them badly. Here's more proof for ya... Hawaii finished 12-0 leading up to the bowl, yet Ohio St and LSU were both ranked higher to play for the BCSNC. Based on your logic that should have not been the case.

My point is that the BCS's sole focus is not record but rather a mulititude of factors based on stats to determine who is the best TEAM.
I know you aren't making a case and saying the BCS picks the best game with the two best teams LOL. If that was the case then Florida would have been playing USC instead of Oklahoma. Or hell they would have came out better playing Texas for that matter since you know Texas did beat Oklahoma that season. Or how do you feel then about Auburn in 04?? Seeing as how you know they went 13 and 0 thru the SEC yet they didn't play for the title. So much for another team beating out an SEC team never happening in real life huh.

Second that example you used for the 07 season is a horrible one and does not apply to your situation what so ever. First of all Hawaii isn't from a BCS conference. SO they will take a knock for that. WVU is from a BCS conference. That is a huge difference. Second everybody from the Big 6 that year had two losses but Ohio State so they gave it to the team that started the season ranked number 1. In your situation you are complaining about being behind an undefeated BCS team when you have a loss on your record. That will happen in real life as well. Get over it.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #19
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Oh and lets not forget in 02 when the one loss SEC champ GA was ranked behind not only the undefeated Ohio State(Big 10 who was ranked behind GA to start the season) and Miami(Big East) but also a one loss non Big 10 champ Iowa. So again yes things like that do happen in real life and happens more than you would think.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Really? A 1-loss SEC team who wins their conference championship is not as good as an undefeated Big East team who only plays 11 games a year. You can't be serious.

Oh wait... your an Ohio St fan. Objectivity is not in your nature because of the beating your team has received at the hand of the SEC the past few attempts at greatness. My bad.
i love this...this just tells how delusional the SEC fan base is....they constantly think that their teams should at all costs be playing in the national championship games..when in fact the conference is highly top heavy. I also love the fact that all of a sudden you are spreading ur wings and spouting off because your team won 1 national championship in the last 17 years. The same as ohio st. ( and I am not a ohio st fan). and the same as Penn st and michigan...yes I count the screw job that is the 1995 penn st season a national championship, all big ten schools...the same as texas....less then USC...it just makes me laugh when I read things like this...

and yes i realize they won the last 4
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbrnrvr
Threads like this would go the way of the dinosaurs if we had a playoff.
^^^ THIS ^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
i love this...this just tells how delusional the SEC fan base is....they constantly think that their teams should at all costs be playing in the national championship games..when in fact the conference is highly top heavy. I also love the fact that all of a sudden you are spreading ur wings and spouting off because your team won 1 national championship in the last 17 years. The same as ohio st. ( and I am not a ohio st fan). and the same as Penn st and michigan...yes I count the screw job that is the 1995 penn st season a national championship, all big ten schools...the same as texas....less then USC...it just makes me laugh when I read things like this...

and yes i realize they won the last 4
If you realize the SEC has won the last several BCS NCs then you would not make such a hollow argument. The BCS and all polls take into high consideration the accomplishment of the previous season in determining preseason rankings. chew on this.... in this OD alabama was ranked #1 the entire season until I lost to Florida in which I dropped to #6. I climbed to #4 within 2 weeks and won my championship game but yet fell to #5 to Nevada. If you think pollsters won't take a dominating SEC team that finishes 12-1 with a conference championship over an 11 win WVU team, or an undefeated Nevada team, you are just arguing to be arguing.

Playoffs fix everything and until then there really is no way to perfect a system that is already broken in real life... I'll give you guys that.

Dog kicked.

Horse beaten.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #23
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
If you realize the SEC has won the last several BCS NCs then you would not make such a hollow argument. The BCS and all polls take into high consideration the accomplishment of the previous season in determining preseason rankings. chew on this.... in this OD alabama was ranked #1 the entire season until I lost to Florida in which I dropped to #6. I climbed to #4 within 2 weeks and won my championship game but yet fell to #5 to Nevada. If you think pollsters won't take a dominating SEC team that finishes 12-1 with a conference championship over an 11 win WVU team, or an undefeated Nevada team, you are just arguing to be arguing.

Playoffs fix everything and until then there really is no way to perfect a system that is already broken in real life... I'll give you guys that.

Dog kicked.

Horse beaten.
Dominating? What about WVU? They went undefeated in a BCS conference, you lost. How are you dominating?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #24
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

The bottom line is the game is not broke and the logic is not flawed, it is exactly how it should be when compared to real life in this regard. All you are doing is making the age old argument by coaches everywhere that think their team is superior to any other team when it comes to ranking. Now whether or not you agree with how the BCS actually works and operates is another can of worms, but has nothing to do with EA or this franchise. The only logic that is broke is yours...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »