Home

No love for the mid-majors

This is a discussion on No love for the mid-majors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: No love for the mid-majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Anybody else starting to have an involuntary eye-roll reaction to the word "broken"? Just because things work slightly differently than you'd expect or like doesn't mean they are capital-B Broken.

On recruiting: read the tips threads, there are several of them with lots of good suggestions. Maybe you're not recruiting optimally. It's harder than it used to be. With my dynasty team I had a couple mediocre classes until I got better at the system - this last season I pulled in several 5* guys, a bunch of 4*s, and only a few 3*s to fill out my depth chart. I was top five nationally in recruiting classes. It's not impossible to do really well in recruiting, but it's much harder than in any previous NCAA game.

On the BCS, stuff happens. The REAL BCS is screwed up - I actually think the game's version is close to reality, if not slightly better. And I say this after just missing the NC game as an undefeated team following a championship year. The logic can be weird at times but isn't that pretty accurate to reality? Just give yourself a tougher schedule and do your best. If you want to make a stronger argument, we need to talk about your schedule, the other ranked teams' schedules, etc... otherwise it's just theory.

On conf. invites, someone on the teambuilder forum just confirmed that they're in the game. But they probably don't come around often. The guy who confirmed it got entry into the Big 10 to replace IU in his third year.

First when i say "broken" i use it lightly, Im not the first person to complain about this nor will i be the last, im just very disappointed because common sense should tell you if win a NC and have been in nothing but BCS bowls and also have a 5* program rating, smash in state rivials etc you should have a little respect as far as recruitment. And im very glad someone brought up Bosie State because they have fallen off in my dynasty big time as well as TCU(pointing to the fact theres no love for the mid-majors in this game). so the question i have is, will the Alabama's and Texas's of the game always get the 5*, is it worth it to continue to persue them?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: No love for the mid-majors

You can get 5 star guys but you have to be really picky. Try to figure out early on which ones you have the best shot at - which ones you are getting the most points with week in and out, and which ones the other big schools seem LESS interested in. If you recruit the crap out of a guy one week and only get 250 points, and then the next week you're 300+ points behind Bama... give serious consideration to dumping that guy and doubling your efforts on someone else. I think the worst thing you can do is spreading a lot of time around on ten different 5 star recruits when the best case scenario for your school, realistically, is landing one or two of them (or even zero). So be harsh and dump or ignore guys if you start falling much behind, or if it feels like trudging through a swamp just to get some points for them. Focus on the ones you're ranked highly with, the ones where if you're #2 you are still really close in points to their #1, and so forth.

Most importantly, give them big recruiting minutes early and often. This is why you can't afford to cast a wide net for very long, because the CPU recruits the best players hard in the early weeks. I put a bunch of guys on my board in week 1 and give them all 20-30 minutes, but in week 2 I pick out the ones I think are interested most (and the ones I need, of course), and start slamming 60 minutes into the highest caliber players. It's easier to make up ground on 3 and 4 star recruits later, but 5 star guys are not realistic gets unless you've been recruiting them hard almost from the start. Alabama may have a leg up on you as far as their pitch ratings and prestige, but a big reason they land those quality guys is that they seem to have a smaller board and devote a ton of minutes early on to the best players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »