Home

Players suspended and program placed on probation

This is a discussion on Players suspended and program placed on probation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Players suspended and program placed on probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I was about to type I don't want it, but then I thought what if all recruits had a "character" attribute.

That 5* CB with a D in that attribute might have the talent on the field, but cause some sleepless nights.

I don't like it if it's random. If there's an attribute, I like it.
There should be character and/or personality attributes in this game. This is part of the reason why the game just feels stale at times to me.

Every player is merely as important as their ratings and it's too easy to see who will perform better than the next player in every situation.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

i didn't like the feature in the last gen.

2 years in a row, my starting QB got in trouble right before my bowl game. Some sort of major violation. I had enough discipline points to suspend him for a whole season if i wanted. But since there was only 1 game left in the season, that was the only punishment i could give.

of course, the game read that as me only suspending him for 1 game when the system recommended 4 games. so i got a huge negative bump towards probation. Same player 2 years in a row. I figured it was random, but actually cut him before his senior year. Didn't want to risk it.

I would be alright with the discipline thing coming back, but it would need a lot of tweaks. The NCAA would punish you if you didn't suspend a guy who skipped practice. In real life, something like that would be handled in house.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Yes...these would be nice, but not going to happen. EA stands to much to lose, if they put anything negative about the NCAA. However, in my Bowl Bound College Football game, just got my starting RT suspended, as well as a 2nd sting SS, and 3rd sting QB...none made the grades for the qtr, even with help from a tutor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #12
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

At the very least maybe we could see Roster Updates just like they do with Madden where players who are suspended, and you can't play with them while they are suspended or if someone gets injured it would reflect the NCAA 11 Rosters. I mean just think of not having Bradford, Dez Bryant or Jermaine Gresham last year because of their injuries and Dez's suspension. It would be nice if they did that with the rosters but I doubt it, but that could be the closest thing they could do to having players suspended.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Does anyone remember what the probation penalties were in last gen? I know there were scholarship cuts but was there anything else?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #14
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
At the very least maybe we could see Roster Updates just like they do with Madden where players who are suspended, and you can't play with them while they are suspended or if someone gets injured it would reflect the NCAA 11 Rosters. I mean just think of not having Bradford, Dez Bryant or Jermaine Gresham last year because of their injuries and Dez's suspension. It would be nice if they did that with the rosters but I doubt it, but that could be the closest thing they could do to having players suspended.
This would just add fuel to Sam Keller's fire.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #15
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Does anyone remember what the probation penalties were in last gen? I know there were scholarship cuts but was there anything else?
I believe you could also lose TV games as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only thing that I didn't like about it in last gen was that you had 100 "points" and you had to divide them between Training, Recruiting, and Discipline.

That was annoying, they're not related at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »