Home

Road to glory help

This is a discussion on Road to glory help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Road to glory help

How do you become a legend in RTG? Currently, I have a junior runningback at WVU and only have 600 legend points. This is the first season where I've been in the running for the heisman. I won the Walker and Camp awards last season. Most of my touchdowns come from heading down field way off my assigned route on pass plays and catching bombs near the end zone. I can break some decent runs for touchdowns depending on the opposing D, but most of the time I get tackled after about 20 yards or so, and if I single handedly drive the ball down the field to the red zone, I get subbed out and the comp scores the TD. Is this because I'm at WVU which is a spread school, or because I'm playing on varsity difficulty?

Also, can you call audibles in RTG? Was wondering if I could set every audible to a run so that I could always run the ball instead of all the pass plays.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Road to glory help

Only QB's can call audibles in RTG. Even if you set your team to otherwise call run plays, I don't know if the game mode translates your adjusted audibles over to RTG mode.

But to answer your basic question: I don't know what level of legend status you're after. Last year, I successfully won the Heisman as a QB because I cheesed my way into it. I never really payed that much attention to my career points though. It was more a balancing act between being an overachiever on the field, and barely passable grades.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Well I usually go to the library at least once a week to keep my grades up so its not an issue. Then I alternate between hitting the gym and going to the trainer. Guess maybe I should just hit the gym over and over. Seems like you mostly get an awareness boost from the studying your playbook which I would assume would only be beneficial to QBs. Im starting to think that in order to be truely highspeed in RTG you need to be a QB, but that really doesn't appeal to me all that much. I just feel like if you're a good player no matter what school you play with, you should be able to be successful.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
But to answer your basic question: I don't know what level of legend status you're after.

Well I really don't know, because this is my first time playing NCAA, so I have no concept as to what legend points even mean. I noticed one of the coach's comments said "Sorry son, not everyone can become a legend at their school." So at that point I was like, well guess my legend score isn't very good then.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Anyone got anymore info on this or does everyone pretty much just play dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

I mean... I don't know what you're looking for.

I don't think there's this magical threshold where you become a legend or anything like that.

I mean, as long as you're successful, you will be a legend. You are a legend.

As I understand it, the legend score is just like a comparable number, like the game greatness score. There's no real goal or cap or any standard or bar. It's just like, your friend can tell you that he did an RTG and got a legend score of 1500 and then you can say that you did one and got a score of 1600.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Who cares about the score. I looked at the online leaderboard for that just yesterday and was floored by what I saw. The top LB had almost 250 sacks. Holy crap would that be boring. That dude ignored his assignment on every play and just went for sacks.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
Rookie

There's no shortcut to success you have to do the hard yards mate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »