Home

Sportsmanship Positive Balance club (Season Showdown)

This is a discussion on Sportsmanship Positive Balance club (Season Showdown) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
Sportsmanship Positive Balance club (Season Showdown)

So I noticed the SPORTSMANSHIP category for season showdown is all over the place, mainly with users that have huge numbers in the negative. I use Boise State, ranked #85 or so, but I am ranked #8 overall in Sportsmanship (using Boise). So, for those of you in the negative, do you run up the score all the time or something? And those in the positive, are you playing "Sim" football?

My friends called it "Acrey Ball" because they hated it when I played conservative ball control offense, but hey its just the way I play. If Season Showdown is any indicator of the way people play then there are a TON of cheesers out there which is dissapointing.

Anyways, this is a shout out to the fellow "simmers". I think if I start an online Dynasty I am going to use the "Sportsmanship" category as a filter for who joins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sportsmanship Positive Balance club (Season Showdown)

good luck with this thread.

i personally love the season showdown thing.

so here's a shout back at ya!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

well for me, I get negative points when I try to copy Texas Tech's offense in real life.

and supposedly passing on 3rd and long is bad sportsmanship as well.

overall, I have positive Sportsmanship point though, but I have had games where I ended up with -200+ sportsmanship because I get docked -100 point from passing on 3rd and long.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Banned

well I hate Texas Tech so that's a good thing to me lol
also I love sportsmanship and I'm a "sim" player
I wouldn't look into the sportsmanship rating too much though especially with the pump fake glitch really ruining online play but it can be used but I just see how people act when they get into the dynasty or their attitude through the messages they send me when I'm telling them about the dynasty

but hey I wouldn't knock you for using sportsmanship as a determining factor

and it depends
if you're throwing for it on 3rd and long in the 4th qtr up by 21 plus points and stuff like that I'd rather just run it but Texas Tech is so disrespectful especially when Mike Leach was there which was why I was ecstatic when they got crushed by Oklahoma lol
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

Hmm....I am using Army and I dont pass a whole lot. Thats a good point though. I was recently up on FIU 37-7 in the fourth with about 5 mins left , 3rd and 7, and I tried a pass. Incomlplete but I got warned which I totaly disagreed with. But I guess the computers point was, do you really need to pass the ball right now? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well for me, I get negative points when I try to copy Texas Tech's offense in real life.

and supposedly passing on 3rd and long is bad sportsmanship as well.

overall, I have positive Sportsmanship point though, but I have had games where I ended up with -200+ sportsmanship because I get docked -100 point from passing on 3rd and long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Hmm....I am using Army and I dont pass a whole lot. Thats a good point though. I was recently up on FIU 37-7 in the fourth with about 5 mins left , 3rd and 7, and I tried a pass. Incomlplete but I got warned which I totaly disagreed with. But I guess the computers point was, do you really need to pass the ball right now? No.
I've been docked points up by 21 in the 3rd quarter when passing on 3rd and long. one game with TTU, I passed the ball a total of 4 times in the 2nd half, I finished with -220 sportsmanship points. all 4 passes where done in a 3rd and long situation. I used chew clock the entire 2nd half as well.

what am I supposed to do? run the ball, not get a first down and allow the other team to easily comeback?

this is one reason I just don't really look at season showdown any more. I just laugh every time it docks me 100 points for passing on 3rd and long in the 3rd quarter. it's not like I throwing hail marys trying to score TDs all game, just trying to move the chains and run the clock out.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

If you pass and get negative then near the end of the game just knee it. You can only get -250 per game and kneeling can easily give 150-180.

Anyways, I try to run the ball the second half anyways so it ends quicker. I think I have around 8,000 points just from Sportsmanship.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been hit pretty badly on games where I was passing on 3rd and long too, even when passing in the third quarter (!) because I was ahead by too much apparently. I don't even pay attention to it now, I just try to play realistic football. I never go for two unless I need to and I seldom run up the score on anybody. The logic of it is just screwy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »