Home

Kawaun Jakes (WKU QB)

This is a discussion on Kawaun Jakes (WKU QB) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Kawaun Jakes (WKU QB)

I'm in year four of a WKU dynasty and I got lucky with Jakes.

He cant throw at all and the receivers couldnt catch the few passes he did throw well so I switched to an option offense and did fairly well. Finished first season number 4 in rushing offense (dead last in pass though) with a 5-7 record.

Second year I finished first in rushing with a 7-6 record, including a bowl win against SMU and somehow won the Sun Belt with a 6-6 pre-bowl record. Rainey also won the Walker award.

Third year I was able to bench Jakes for his senior year and put in Maxwell, a kid who transferred after my first year and sat my second. He's from Alabama I think (cant remember) and has an excellent arm, no idea why he decided to transfer to a team that was last in passing.
That year I went 9-4 and had a much more balanced offense, though I did lose my bowl game against Temple.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
Rookie

Jakes makes a pretty good WR. I was running an option offense and I ended up recruiting a decent balanced QB for my second year. He didn't have Jakes speed but he had enough to run the offense, and a much, much better arm. So I moved Jakes to WR. He ended up being about my 3rd best WR, and was deadly running end arounds and sweeps; plus he can rack up huge yards after the catch.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
Rookie

Canes5's Arena

OVR: 7

I've noticed if you complete a few passes with him he starts heating up. Most of the time this happened when I started going no huddle cause I was losing, but if you can get him going a little he plays better. I've also had 3-4 int games where I can't understand where he's trying to throw the ball, but keep it shorter and get him going. The WR #7, Cooper I think is good at least I like him, not a lot of drops for me
Old 09-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #20
Rookie

I had tried many unsuccessful sim dynasties with WKU until I stumbled upon the ultimate rebuilding method used in real college football. With Bill Synder as my Recruiting Coordinator, I recruited as many jucos as I could and actually had a 6 win season in the 3rd year and after 15 or so dynasties had my contract renewed.

Getting a new QB was the absolute best thing to do, Jakes is sim horrible. My 4th year I won the Sun Belt, but my jucos left and the 5th year I had a 5 win season. Well the Big Ten comes calling, I accept like an idiot with my C- team lose a lot and get fired. Doh!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »