Home

Play Action and Special Teams Still Suck

This is a discussion on Play Action and Special Teams Still Suck within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Play Action and Special Teams Still Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
PA worked fine for me before the patch, and still does after.

As for special teams, I agree that it needs work. The CPU is never, ever a threat in any special teams situation, and that really detracts from the realism since special teams plays such a large role in college football.
With special teams it just seems like the blocking isnt varied enough to create lanes sometimes and not others. What i mean is, in real life 90% of KOs taken to the house or even for a big gain go through the middle of the field and blockers/tacklers.

They dont go like we do it in NCAA to take one to the house, fake the middle, bounce to the outside. This only works in NCAA because outside blockers dont stay in their lanes.

Punt really needs to be fixed. I've never seen a punt team run down the field in a single file line lol. They should be taking lanes too
Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

ok I see alot of PA statement here, and I havent had a chance to play yet...if PA is "fixed" can you run the PA screen to the HB yet?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha2ThaNight
ok I see alot of PA statement here, and I havent had a chance to play yet...if PA is "fixed" can you run the PA screen to the HB yet?
I have been able to successfully get to the point where i want to throw the ball many times.

Problem with that play is, the PA is so successful, the DL always tackles my RB and i have noone to throw to.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJag84
I have been able to successfully get to the point where i want to throw the ball many times.

Problem with that play is, the PA is so successful, the DL always tackles my RB and i have noone to throw to.
i havent tried under the new patch...under the old one every time it was an auto sack I even went into practice mode and set the D to prevent and it was still an auto sack.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #21
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
Looking at the patch notes, I am not sure what would have changed to make the PA work any different? The change to how the Rush sliders work?

This is the closest I could see that would impact it, unless Rush Defense slider changes also would impact it.

*Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
I think maybe they worked a bit on it, but couldn't actually come up with an absolute fix, so they decided to not mention it in the patch notes. Considering that Madden is getting the Play Action fixed (according to the patch notes for that game), it seems maybe the NCAA team just had time and/or resource limitations.

In my testing I noticed the DEs not using the club move as much, a move which always gets them past the tackle. Maybe they programmed the DEs to not use that move as much... Who knows... But the issue is definitely improved.

Quote:
I was getting mobbed on this play. The animations take way too long, and the play develops way too slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #22
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I've found that Playaction is working a lot better, now I have time to actually find someone, before it seemed 99% of the time by the time the fake occurred I was being wrapped up for a loss.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

it seems to be working fine for me nowadays
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
This game is getting very close to being crazy good. But honestly, the play action pass and special teams are still really flawed. Patch 4 maybe???????
Agreed. PA does not work.

Some 'work' sub par about half the time. Some I get sacked 100% of the time before getting into passing stance. Even after it is "set up". Even after running it 30 times in a row in practice mode against multiple defenses.

Blitzes stop every PA every time. That is the very thing it is supposed to beat.

The only time they "work" is when the defense play soft zones w/ little pass rush.

Not sure what PA others are using (settings, sliders, playbooks). But I have given up on it. I play vs user offline dynasty and my opponent has given up as well.

ST needs some work too, I agree.

I have 1 blocked.. Against human AA. User inside 1 with max punt coverage. Played about 50 games so far (Some AA vs Ai, mostly Heisman vs AA, aout 10 games vs User offline AA).

For PR, we compensate by turning up KPW and turning down KAC. This makes it very difficult to punt it out of bounds (inside 10 or 5) as it should be. Deeper Punts (unrealistically deep that its; 85 KPW = 57 yard punt) are leading to slightly better PR stats. Still no PR TD though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »