Home

Pro Style

This is a discussion on Pro Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Pro Style

Who else loves it? I have always been a big fan of running Pro Style offense. I have tried the others but always go back to a pro play book. I am the Hurricanes so i started out the first 4 years of my dynasty with theres and set a new career rushing record with Mike James. After that i went to Fresno State since my QB was awful and I had no elite receiver. Now in year 5 I have got two 90 rated QBs(One Transfer from Oklahoma and one that got a big boost in training) I also have a solid So receiver and a Sr transfer from GT whose the best possession receiver i have ever had.

So the point of the story is i decided to give South Carolinas play book a try after lossing my only good HB to the Pros. It has been amazing. Nearly every play has 2-3 solid options. My Two WR are doing great I have two TE who are solid and my HB is a ATH who really has average HB skills but good hands so he has become a nice option in the pass game.

I had fun with the Miami play book but i think i can do big things with the South Carolina one.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Pro Style

I strictly use either Pro/Multiple playbooks. I'm not into gimmicky offenses. I like to use a variety of personnel, including TE's and FB's. You'll never catch me using Spread/Air Raid/Run-n-Shoot offenses.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Yep big fan of running a pro style O.

If you watched the Chiefs game last night you'd actually be able to see how Todd Haley has stolen a big chunk of my playbook.

I do open my O up just a little more however when we start looking stagnant.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I strictly use either Pro/Multiple playbooks. I'm not into gimmicky offenses. I like to use a variety of personnel, including TE's and FB's. You'll never catch me using Spread/Air Raid/Run-n-Shoot offenses.
Gimmicky offenses? A gimmick is something that is flashy with little to no use or value. Considering the spread is probably the most commonly used offensive style in college football today and that the last 5 national champions and 8 of the last 10 championship players use the spread in some form (yes, Alabama's singleback offense has spread principles), I would hardly call it a gimmick. Not to mention, you say that you use "multiple" playbooks, which have a lot of spread principles and formations.

It's just a different philosophy. Speed vs. power. Open field matchups vs. gang blocking. Guerilla warfare vs. trench warfare. All types of offenses have their places, which is what makes football great. It's unfair to label any of them as gimmicks.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Not trying to hijack the thread but in reply to the OP, I haven't really ran a pro style offense on this year's game tbh. I'm getting ready to start a new dynasty and I think I wanna run a pro style offense to try it. Can you give me like 3-5 teams you'd recommend or ones that would fit it well? Besides Miami that is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree with Card-me. Spreads and Air Raids aren't gimmicks. They simply make more use of speed and quickness instead of strength.

I do find pro to be strong at running the ball since shotgun running in this game is very flawed, but I ususally go with Auburn or BYU's playbook because I have more difficulty passing in pro.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Try out the lower division teams for good pro playbooks. FAU and WKU come to mind. FAU has some old school formations that you hardly ever see today at any level.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Someone has already defended the Spread, I'll defend the Air Raid... the Air Raid is Mike Shannahan's Pro Spread/West Coast hybrid adopted for the college game. It's very much rooted in solid, fundamental Bill Walsh football. It's the natural modern evolution of the Pro Style offense when considering college talent.

Watch the Redskins in long yardage situations this year when they go 4 or 5 wide. You're going to see the Air Raid. Smash, Shallow Cross, Mesh, Stick, Y Corner, Verticals... all staples of Shannahan's game (along with other teams that use a similar system, such as Houston and New England) and the foundation of Air Raid football.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-15-2010 at 10:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »