Home

Dual Threat Stat for the QB

This is a discussion on Dual Threat Stat for the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Dual Threat Stat for the QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Hopefully EA pays attention here. This is a BIG issue that really needs to be addressed. Dual threat QB's are exciting but in this game they are really non-existant. I simmed a season with some updated ratings for Denard Robinson (94 SPD, 89 AGI and 94 acceleration as well as other beefed up ball carrier ratings) and he finished the season with 92 carries for 286 yards. It's just sad to see this in an otherwise great game.

Until EA can capture the true dual threat QB, this game will not reflect real college football.
There's alot of things wrong with this game besides this actually rather severe problem. Not sure how the game can be great and not reflect real college football at the same time. There are so many other problems I hadn't even thought about this one. Is it a great game? Absolutely not. Is it good? Not really.

It is decent, and when you love football and its the best game in town it'll do... sort of like being drunk and horny all alone with a fat chic...
Old 09-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

I've seen it once. in year 2 of my Army dynasty, I was playing Air Force and Tim Jefferson killed me. 13-14 216 yards 3 TD 1 INT 8 rushes 153 yards 2 TD

I've also had it a few times in that dynasty with Trent Steelman.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Today was another week in real life Robinson a dual threat QB showcased his skills and led his team to a victory. Umass defense was so worried about stopping him that it allowed Michigan RB Shaw to get off.

I hope EA is watching the college football games this season closely. That way they can clearly see how a dual threat QB suppose to act in a game.

Because no only is the lack of cpu QB scrambling AI making dual threat QBs non existent, but it is also messing up teams that run offenses that rely on QBs running the ball often. Such as spread, option, pistol and multiple offensive playbooks.

A functioning running QB is essential to those playbooks to keep the defense honest. And a scrambling QB is what separate those playbooks from an air raid, pro style and single back offense.

So I hope EA is paying to the games on saturday closely and then turn around and play their game and see the big difference between the two.

Playing a football game with mobile QBs that don't scramble is like playing a baseball game with power hitters that don't hit home runs. It's unnatural.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Funny, I saw this earlier today. Only at the time when it popped up I had 79 yards rushing with my QB and 170 something yards passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »