Home

Best Defensive scheme to generate sacks

This is a discussion on Best Defensive scheme to generate sacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Defensive scheme to generate sacks

I have been using the 3-3-5 playbook and i get some good heat, but i never get a sack and i also always get killed by the pass. I am looking for a good defensive playbook that will give me some sacks and a good defensive scheme. I just started a new dynasty with Ohio State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Best Defensive scheme to generate sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxdomination
I have been using the 3-3-5 playbook and i get some good heat, but i never get a sack and i also always get killed by the pass. I am looking for a good defensive playbook that will give me some sacks and a good defensive scheme. I just started a new dynasty with Ohio State.
Well thats what I use, I have been getting between 2-4 sacks a Game on Heisman. If you Mix up your plays youll get a few eventually.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I think the 4-2-5 is by far the best pressure/sack set. Even with a 4 man rush defenders seem to get off blocks faster, but the main thing is that it has some great blitz packages. Defenders are also closer to the line which means their blitzes take less time to get to the QB.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

OVR: 3

I always try to use a 4 man front and blitz 1 LB/CB when trying to create pressure rather than 3 man fronts and blitzing the house, idk seems to work good for me
Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd say the key is calling your own defensive plays and mixing up your blitz packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I run the Utah 4-3 base man to man pressure package. It seems go work very well for me. Obviously I don't run exclusively 4-3 I shift to nickel and dime when needed. The core concepts are man to man coverage 90-95% of the time. I run a lot of Cover 1 either blitzing the SS or LB or both. Also I like to switch tendencies on 3rd down, sometimes bring 6 or 7 other times play coverage and only bring 3 or 4.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iellingson
I run the Utah 4-3 base man to man pressure package. It seems go work very well for me. Obviously I don't run exclusively 4-3 I shift to nickel and dime when needed. The core concepts are man to man coverage 90-95% of the time. I run a lot of Cover 1 either blitzing the SS or LB or both. Also I like to switch tendencies on 3rd down, sometimes bring 6 or 7 other times play coverage and only bring 3 or 4.
I'm kinda doing the same with Michigan State. Only difference is I'll move the DL line around quite a bit. Either bringing them in tight or shifting them left or right and often when I know it's definitely a passing situation, I'll also have them crash in to the middle. Between this and maintaining good coverage in the secondary (I always play as the FS), I can usually get 4 or more sacks a game and a lot of hurried throws.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good ole fashion 4-3 works for me. Just vary your play calling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »