Home

Why can't I stop the CPU??

This is a discussion on Why can't I stop the CPU?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Why can't I stop the CPU??

Since the most recent patch, Heisman has become ridiculous. Having the same problems. I put all the CPU sliders at 40 and all mine at 55 and it's a little less ridiculous now. The people who make the game remain clueless as to how to make the game hard without the blatant cheating, so expect a lot of weird stuff to happen on 3rd down, always been that way. It's sad, but on AA and Varsity the CPU plays MUCH smarter football. On Heisman, they actually make the CPU really dumb and just make up for it by cheating.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #10
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

See Playmaker's Varsity sliders.

Outside that, select your own defensive plays and pay attention to the offensive personnel on the field. Match up well for one and go from there. I tend to only control defensive lineman as if you make an error with your Safety for example, the CPU will make you pay.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

First off, I am no master NCAA player at all, but have been playing for years. I'd probably get killed online! All I play is against the CPU, on All-American, minimal slider tweaks. Anyway, I call my defense according to the formation of the offense. If they come out in a strong run set, I'll go 5-2 or 4-3. if they are running and running and running real effectively I'll even go Goaline formation for a few plays, mixing man and zone coverages till they stop.

Same applies to passing. if they come out in a 3 WR set I almost always go Nickel, but it's important to occasionally throw in Dime or something like 4-3 over/under to mix it up.

If the cpu is obliterating me in passing I switch exclusively to a Quarters defense, and unless the yardage they need for a 1st down is huge, I play press coverage with the Quarters, if the QB is mobile I always pinch my line inside to prevent a QB draw.

I don't blitz real often, especially from the CB position, but I do mix up random OLB blitzes and inside blitzes. I seem to *almost* always have great luck eventually slowing them down and keeping them from many points, but sometimes it takes just weathering their storm and sticking to the defensive game plan. if my "Quarters scheme" to slow the passing is cheesy, then I guess oops! But hey I guess the object is to win lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »