Home

I hate recruiting this year

This is a discussion on I hate recruiting this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #41
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I hate recruiting this year

Recruiting got very stale within about 2 weeks of owning this game, for me. Not a fan of the roulette-style conversation, so I just let the CPU recruit for me. I pick 20 recruits and don't allow the CPU to complete my board and let them try to sign as many as possible. I've had some good seasons recruiting and some okay seasons.

I make sure I do my homework by setting the priorities for certain positions of need. I look at my recruiting board every week and intervene only when i really want somebody for my team. I look at it as a head coach going after a star recruit, while the rest of my "recruiting crew" goes after my needs and some wants. I think that's more realistic than the current structure.

The only downside is you'll never open up, or at least takes longer to open up, the stronger promises later on, because the CPU doesn't offer promises to recruits. I like the system when I don't have to recruit hands-on and I can pick and choose who I intervene with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #42
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I hate recruiting this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscringle95
Best kept secret: 2* and 3* JUCOs. CPU DOES NOT recruit until like week 10 or so. EVER! Its just you and the recruit talking with no interference!

Even if the recruit is not interested you will get on his list just for the fact no one is talking to him. The best part is that many of these JUCOs come in with very high ratings (80-85).

You can also redshirt them and gain and extra develpoment cycle and by the time the guy is a RS Senior he is well into the 90s and a star player.

I have built up 1* programs in 2-3 years using this method so if you are Nebraska they can provide all the depth and starters you could ever need. On average I would say there are at least 15-20 high caliber 2* 3* JUCOs.

They are also at every position at one time or another but especially lineman of all kind and LB,S and TE.
Even in Madden, I preferred younger players I could build up. While I have seen some insane 3* JUCO's, I just can't get past the fact that unless I really need a position, they'll basically be wasted roster space as a JR. That said I did recruit a 4* JUCO RB as Pitt, and he was only a sophomore.

He was redshirted and is now 85 overall without playing a down for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »