Home

Just got shafted. Big time.

This is a discussion on Just got shafted. Big time. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #17
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just got shafted. Big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaxhokie
Well I was reading a blog on ESPN and it said that most bowl games have clauses that prohibit rematches so that is where I had got it from. I guess not all bowl games have these kind of clauses.
Yeah, I saw that too. Heather Dinich I think. She's not always spot-on with her CFB knowledge so I always take everything she says with a grain of salt. I remember several rematches in bowl games, but maybe it's just something more recent being implemented.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

You should be honored to play Western Michigan in a bowl game.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #19
Rookie

waspman3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt965
I just finished up my season as ND. I had one loss to Pitt. I was 11-1 and ranked 12th. I am picked to play in the GMAC bowl against WESTERN MICHIGAN. A 7-5 TEAM, UNRANKED, AND I BEAT THEM 35-7 EARLIER. What is this?
Dude the EXACT same situation happened to me. Whats up with the AI's way of thinking ha?
I.D. #60165
I.H.S.A. recognized
Member of: I.H.S.A/C.O.A./I.E.S.A
ASEP Certified
Old 09-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Hah. Love the one ND fan who comes in and saying ND gets hosed. Sorry bro, but ND isn't anything special anymore. When was the last time they contended for anything? Of course the game is going to take schools that start the year higher in the polls before a team ranked 12 that technically came out of nowhere.
Take it easy, he's talking about the game, not real life. Don't let your colors show too much...You could've done without the first three sentences in your post and still made your point.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Yeah, I saw that too. Heather Dinich I think. She's not always spot-on with her CFB knowledge so I always take everything she says with a grain of salt. I remember several rematches in bowl games, but maybe it's just something more recent being implemented.
haha oh trust me I know man, you can't believe half the things she says

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Hah. Love the one ND fan who comes in and saying ND gets hosed. Sorry bro, but ND isn't anything special anymore. When was the last time they contended for anything? Of course the game is going to take schools that start the year higher in the polls before a team ranked 12 that technically came out of nowhere.
Yes, I can see why you would talk on this because North Carolina has contended for a lot over the years.

My point was that there is no way that a 6 star program (ND or otherwise) that is 11-1 would be ranked 12th. No way that happens, who cares that they've had a few bad years, if ND wins 10 games, they will be ranked pretty high, whether they deserve it or not. This game always seems to rate ND lower, I've consistently seen Boise and TCU and various other mid-tier prestige teams get much more favorable ratings even when they have more losses, and even a genius like you should know that would not happen in the real world, and shouldn't happen in the game whether they start low or not, they would jump teams that had more losses.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

same thing just happened to a friend in our
OD....he was ND lost to Boston College and is playing in the GMAC Bowl against Central Michigan.....2 loss Ohio State is in front of him. Where as Ohio State could have been 9th and still made it into a bowl over him because of winning the Big Ten. Such is life without a payoff..err...*playoff*
Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #24
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know how far into Dynasty the OP is, but if it's less than 5 years, just wait.
I am just starting my 8th year (first 3 with UConn, the rest with Penn State). I won the BCS title in year 5 (2014) and started the 2015 season ranked No. 3. My schedule (which I rarely mess with) was an A- and I ran the table, 12-0. Unfortunately, I was left out of the BCS title game in favor of a resurgent FSU and an apparently never-gonna-lose-another-regular-season-game Alabama.
As irritated as I was, I figured it was bound to happen sometime. Until 2016, that is. I again ran the table (after fixing my schedule to be an A+) and was AGAIN left out of the BCS title game. I was even ranked No. 1 at one point, after starting the season No. 4. Bama, who won the 2010, 2012 and 2015 titles (all with 14-0 records) finished No. 3 -- at 13-0. Of course, this time it was Cal and FSU in the title game.
Now, I have taken the low road and scheduled FSU and Bama in weeks 2 and 3. My schedule is an A+ again, and I play Ohio State on the road. They are ranked No. 8. I am No. 5. Bama? No. 2. FSU? No. 1.
If I run the table, and am left out again, I will, well, probably keep playing -- but I bet I play the ACC and SEC title games just to make sure!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »