Home

EA Please fix the running backs

This is a discussion on EA Please fix the running backs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
EA Please fix the running backs

Does anyone know how to fix the running back cutting in the middle of the field when they should be breaking outside or covering the ball when they shouldn't. I also noticed when running backs break open they take there sweet time and get caught from behind. I thought it was an awareness issue, but I noticed it with my RB who has 90+ Awr.

On one paticular play and many like it my running back has a wide open hole to the outside, but instead my running back cuts inside right into a pile of defenders.

I don't control the runningbacks and assume you wouldn't notice it when you don't control them This is getting quite annoying. In fact it's flat out ruining the game for me. I have tried raising and lowering the sliders and can't seem to fix the problem. The lower you go on the slider it seems the running backs putz along. The higher you go it creates an unrealistic feel and it doesn't fix the issue.

I wish EA would fix this. I have been screwing with sliders since the game came out and can't get a good feel. Thinking about trading this one in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Please fix the running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Does anyone know how to fix the running back cutting in the middle of the field when they should be breaking outside or covering the ball when they shouldn't. I also noticed when running backs break open they take there sweet time and get caught from behind. I thought it was an awareness issue, but I noticed it with my RB who has 90+ Awr.

On one paticular play and many like it my running back has a wide open hole to the outside, but instead my running back cuts inside right into a pile of defenders.

I don't control the runningbacks and assume you wouldn't notice it when you don't control them This is getting quite annoying. In fact it's flat out ruining the game for me. I have tried raising and lowering the sliders and can't seem to fix the problem. The lower you go on the slider it seems the running backs putz along. The higher you go it creates an unrealistic feel and it doesn't fix the issue.

I wish EA would fix this. I have been screwing with sliders since the game came out and can't get a good feel. Thinking about trading this one in.
Not trying to be a** here, but you are saying you expect the computer to have a higher propensity to do the things you are unwilling to do yourself? Imagine the exact same running play is ran against the exact same defense by 10 different people manually. All 10 players are going to take a different path and do slightly different things. The computer is no different. You say you don't control the backs yourself, why? Are you playing coach mode?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ
Not trying to be a** here, but you are saying you expect the computer to have a higher propensity to do the things you are unwilling to do yourself? Imagine the exact same running play is ran against the exact same defense by 10 different people manually. All 10 players are going to take a different path and do slightly different things. The computer is no different. You say you don't control the backs yourself, why? Are you playing coach mode?
I was kind of thinking the same thing. If you are seeing the holes and think the HB should go there, then you should be controlling the HB
Old 09-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ
I am playing coach mode.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

my bad. Ignore my post. I have never done coach mode, so I have no idea what the computer does with their HB's but I can see how that can be frustrating.

That seems odd though cause I know when I play against the CPU in offline dynasty, they pretty much pick the right running lane everytime.

Sounds like your getting the shaft or maybe you HB's awareness is affecting it?

Edit: just saw that your HB's awareness is pretty high.

Might have something to do with the computer only liking HB's to average no more then 4-5 yards per carry. I have seen posts in the past where people have simmed through franchises only to find top tier back average 4 yards a carry and a long ON THE ENTIRE SEASON of 15 yards.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
my bad. Ignore my post. I have never done coach mode, so I have no idea what the computer does with their HB's but I can see how that can be frustrating.

That seems odd though cause I know when I play against the CPU in offline dynasty, they pretty much pick the right running lane everytime.

Sounds like your getting the shaft or maybe you HB's awareness is affecting it?

Edit: just saw that your HB's awareness is pretty high.

Might have something to do with the computer only liking HB's to average no more then 4-5 yards per carry. I have seen posts in the past where people have simmed through franchises only to find top tier back average 4 yards a carry and a long ON THE ENTIRE SEASON of 15 yards.....
I should have stated I played coach mode... no problem here. I would think by now they would have fixed the issue where running backs are only averaging 4-5 ypc. I just found a post where someone change the Running game to 75 on Heisman and def and tackling to 50. I turned the game speed to slow and it seems to be working better. We'll see if this works.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Sliders do not fix this. EA claimed they fixed the issue in Patch #2, but they did not.

It seems that we will have to wait for NCAA 12 for CPU controlled ball carriers to act like they have half of a brain.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Sliders do not fix this. EA claimed they fixed the issue in Patch #2, but they did not.

It seems that we will have to wait for NCAA 12 for CPU controlled ball carriers to act like they have half of a brain.

Guess I'll be looking at NCAA 10 if they don't fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »