Home

WAS ANYTHING DONE 2 RTG?

This is a discussion on WAS ANYTHING DONE 2 RTG? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
WAS ANYTHING DONE 2 RTG?

Why does it feel as if EA takes a year, and maybe even more from atleast upgrading something in any of the career modes? I mean seriously, last years improvements to RTG were nice, but all they really did was make the presentation flashy. But when I step out onto the field, I witness the same issues I have had with this mode for awhile. First off, why am I not allowed to change the time for each quarter by now? Its so fustrating trying to make a comeback when I am trailing only to understand that once the game hits the mid portion of the 3rd quarter if I am down a decent amount of points, I have to put up a miracle, in order to get my team back.
Another issue I have is the AI playcalling. Its absolutely horrible, in the sense of WHY THE HELL did my coach just call the same play 3 times in a row to the same side? Why are we running a half back draw on 2nd and goal? How many times are we going to run a speed option, when my qb isnt even a scrambler? And how many times is the AI going to call the same play that is already broken in NCAA football? There are just a few plays that will never work in this game, and the same outcome occures everytime. It just fustrates me that little things are not being monitored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WAS ANYTHING DONE 2 RTG?

EA obviously doesnt care about this tacked on mode. Most people don't even play it.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Adaptive AI for the win... or not.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaTechPimp
EA obviously doesnt care about this tacked on mode. Most people don't even play it.
Yeah, I made it half a season before realizing why I never play it.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Yeah, I made it half a season before realizing why I never play it.
I have never even tried it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

I really think if EA isn't going to put any effort into a mode for at least 3 years they should just get rid of it and focus on something else, like GT said, as of now it just feels tacked on and cheap.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Like most of the game modes, this is something that has only gotten worse. Race for the Heisman was better overall, but the Superstar mode in Madden 08 (especially on previous gen) was a much fuller realization of what this mode could, and should, be. There were drills that affected team influence and morale, interviews, personal training that affected in season progression, and you could even do this crazy thing called "change quarter length." It was wild.

But hey, we have Erin Andrews now, right? Clearly that was the direction to take this game mode.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I loved "Race for the Heisman" in NCAA 06. I haven't played 06 in a long time, but if I remember correctly, you called the plays, and it had the regular "play now/dynasty" camera. Not the stupid zoomed in camera, but I'm sure you can change that somewhere on this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »