Home

NCAA Football 2k12?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2k12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #41
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 2k12?

I think it'd be a HOOT if someone else got the exclusive rights to NCAA Football...it'd suck for me as a gamer but it would be SOOOOO karmic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 05:04 AM   #42
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

did you ever play college football 2k3???? it was garbage.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
did you ever play college football 2k3???? it was garbage.
Well yeah, but it's not 2002 anymore, and as has been said already, those games were made by a different development team to the NFL games. The dev team that made 2k5 and APF 2k8 would be making any new college game.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:03 AM   #44
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Well yeah, but it's not 2002 anymore, and as has been said already, those games were made by a different development team to the NFL games. The dev team that made 2k5 and APF 2k8 would be making any new college game.
And it wouldn't stack up well to the competition.

I know everyone loves to bash EA and praise 2k, but keep in mind EA has it's fair share of great sporting titles. Fifa, NHL, Fight Night, and NCAA football(they're on the brink of something special); And 2K has also failed to consistently compete in the NHL and MLB(2k9 was flat out bad) genres.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #45
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
Ok sorry just had to comment on this, first off i don't think 2K would try to jump in the the college football market they would definately go after the nfl because well simply their engine is better designed for pro football, where as i think EA captures NCAA better than the NFL. now i've heard so many people complain about the "120 ways to win" motto and evidentally most everybody is to naive to understand that the reason there are 120 different ways to win is because there are wait lets count together 120 FBS teams..... try not to be so dense
It would be harder to jump back into the NFL market from a licensing perspective. Madden is such a strong brand that it pretty much has the stranglehold on the NFL gaming community these days.

The 120 ways to win motto was marketed as each team has it's authentic offense, defense, various specific intros, animations, and an overall feel of team individuality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumi
And it wouldn't stack up well to the competition.

I know everyone loves to bash EA and praise 2k, but keep in mind EA has it's fair share of great sporting titles. Fifa, NHL, Fight Night, and NCAA football(they're on the brink of something special); And 2K has also failed to consistently compete in the NHL and MLB(2k9 was flat out bad) genres.
I'm not going to argue that MLB 2k9 was flat out bad. It was damn near unplayable, or that EA has good games (as you say, Fight Night, FIFA, and NHL).

I dunno how well a 2k college game would stack up really. I don't think it would outstrip NCAA 11 in year one, simply because of the lack of time to work on it, but I think they could generate some sales from it and have a base to build on. As I mentioned before, the 2k8 football engine isn't bad (it's not as good for it's time as 2k5's was though) but it does need work.

I hope 2k do make a game solely so there is some choice in the market.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #47
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It would be harder to jump back into the NFL market from a licensing perspective. Madden is such a strong brand that it pretty much has the stranglehold on the NFL gaming community these days.

The 120 ways to win motto was marketed as each team has it's authentic offense, defense, various specific intros, animations, and an overall feel of team individuality.
The 120 ways to win was a farce and a complete marketing lie on the behalf of EA.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd honestly rather have back College Hoops than NCAA2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »