Home

who to use.............???????

This is a discussion on who to use.............??????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
who to use.............???????

alright i just finally finished up my franchise in MLB the show. Now its onto football. I went and picked up the game last night. Haven't got a chance to play it though(fiance wanted to watch tv last night ). Anyway i wanna start a dynasty....i love using a smashmouth theme. I mastered navy and air force's option attacks last year, and want to continue that this year. So i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of who to use....looking for someone with a pretty good running qb, and atleast 2 or 3 good backs. I would prefer to use a lower level conference team like a mac team or something along those lines so i can hopefully get a big conference invite, and turn them into a national power. Just curious what you guys might think. Thanks Guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: who to use.............???????

Try Nevada, great running team, pistol offense has lots of option plays. Great quarterback and solid RB's, would be a great team to build up and try and get the big conference invite.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

in all honesty if you want to use a small team and build them up pick anybody and build a team that matches your style, case in point when you start a dynasty you are the new head coach make your team you want a triple option team in the mac, build one with recruiting if you want to start with a decent team in the mac, take Ohio they run the pistol and have Boo Jackson great running threat at QB
Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Rookie

"headtrip"......great point i didn't think of it like that.....thank you!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles#1
"headtrip"......great point i didn't think of it like that.....thank you!
No Problem, i'm not gonna say its easy but it can be done, i've turned MTSU into a one back from an Air Raid, still lacking quality run blockers so its still not easy to run but once i get the OL it will all fall into place, so i would say your best bet is to start off recruiting OL heavily if you want a running team from a passing team. and don't expect to go undefeated right away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah that's what makes it fun, and never boring! I've played this series for years now, and every year i like to do the same thing start with a poor team and rebuild. Some work and some don't, but i've noticed i understand how to run air force and navy's playbook almost perfect last year. That helped a lot playing a harder schedule. For instance i started with TULANE just because they had a pretty good running qb, my second season i beat LSU and TEXAS on the road. I found with running that offense you get more chances to win because i can control the clock and the flow of the game. Might not work for everyone, but i have always had success with it!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

i decided to put your idea to use, and changed my army dynasty that i just started to Ohio with Air Force playbook. we'll see how it goes i've never been that great with the triple option thats why i took air force's play book they have a little bit of everything when it comes to formations
Old 09-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm on year 2 of my Michigan franchise but I decided I wanted to bring up a non powerhouse. So I decided to use San Diego State. They are in the same conference as some pretty good teams (TCU, Utah, and BYU). I won't lie I'm having a blast. I'm 5-0 beating Mizzou on the road, and I just beat BYU kicking a FG with no time left. The week before BYU I almost lost to Utah State at home so it's not like my sliders are too easy. I'm hoping I can go undefeated up until the back to back weeks I play TCU and Utah. If I do that we will see how I play against those two teams.

I honestly say try using San Diego State. They have a good SR WR, JR QB, and two decent backs. I think it's smart to use them because you can be successful for the first two years while you recruit the guys you want to change your style of play to what you want. Also they are a 1 star school so recruiting is vital. I'm really hoping that I can finish the seaon with 1 or 2 losses so maybe the next year I can land a 4 star recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »