Home

3-3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5 - How do I read the coverages - to tell the difference?

This is a discussion on 3-3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5 - How do I read the coverages - to tell the difference? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
3-3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5 - How do I read the coverages - to tell the difference?

Playing in the National Championship game 2night and I believe the user plays either a 3-3-5 or 3-4. (4-2-5 maybe)

My offense is Air Raid...

can anyone offer any suggestions to help determine what coverage the user will be in pre-snap against these types of defenses...edit: meaning man, zone, cover 3, 2, 1, blitzing..etc

i went into practice mode to figure it out but the 3-3-5 stack never moved whether i set it to zone or man....in trips there was a slight give away...but i cant run trips all night....sure i could audible but i really dont wanna have to be forced into such situations when the pressure is high

also doesnt seem like i can ever run the ball out of the shotty against the 3-3-5 stack because i never seem to have the numbers in my favor..but at some point im going to have to run

the 2 inside DBs (1 of which i believe is a safety always appear to be blitzing)

as yall know you never know when you'll be in this situation again and along with myself there are some equally talented users in this OD

tonight is what i call money time..i have the inferior team on paper esp my defense vs his offense...so i really cant afford to be having mis-Qs on Offense....

All my Air Raidians...where yall at?....1 of your own needs alil advice....but any help from anybody will be greatly appreciated....thank you in advance

i believe he'll prolly use 1 of these types of defenses as he doesnt really have enuf DT to run anything else...tho he may surprise and go 4-2-5...never know with him

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 3-3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5 - How do I read the coverages - to tell the difference?

man v zone is easy, just put a receiver in motion and see if the DB follows...if he does...hes in man....

DB's usually cheat very early in regards to blizting to look out for DBs cheating in and towards the line of scrimmage.

in regards to formations....4-2-5 usually leaves one deep safety in the middle of the field...unless the user manually assigns DB's, flag routes work well against 4-2-5

for 3-4 usually you can tell because it looks like a 4-3 but the guy on the end is standing instead of in a 3 point stance....

the 3-3-5 is pretty easy cause its straight 3 down lineman with no LB's defaulted by the line of scrimmage.....unless his DL's are beasts...or your running game is terrible...exposing a 3-3-5 to the run can be done pretty easily.

Edit: Sorry saw that you were running air raid which I can never run with. Are you good with any other playbooks? Michigan States pro style offense is very good at running and should do a good job of tearing apart a 3-3-5 D...as long as u have a decent RB and your O-lineman arent terrible at run blocking...

Last edited by Yeti_2009; 09-29-2010 at 05:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »