Home

Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

This is a discussion on Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

I got the player now he is a true sophmore in his first year starter as a former 5* QB. So far through 4 games (agianst mostly bad teams) he has 854 yards, 9 TD, 2 Interceptions to go along with 171 rushing yards and 7 TD. So thats a total of about 1,000 yards and 16 TD's in 4 games.

He has 85 speed, 86 acc, 81 agility, 93 thp, 86 tha. The cool thing is he is similar to Aaron Murray who just gradurated after 4 years starting. So i'm use to his style of play.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Quite honestly, that goal-line hit is one of my favorite... Here is something similar I did in an OT game in one of my old dynasties (Not trying to high jack the thread with highlights... sorry.)

Oh I know man, I love it.

That was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
freshman free safety Ryan Caldwell. 4* 6'5, 216 lbs, 90 speed, 92 acc, 87 hard hit rating..,80 zone coverage, 78 man coverage...absolutey ANIMAL on defense. No one EVER breaks his tackles. He is always our last line of defense. And he is great in the passing game as well. He doesn't have any interceptions, but that is because he always lays the lumber on receivers coming across his zone instead of going for the pick. Basically, he is Taylor Mays, Jr. I gave him the same number to honor Mays.

here he is in action against our rival, Georgia Tech:

Game changer? yes, I believe so!
While he may be intimidating to some teams, my boy Cedric Harris would run CIRCLES around him!! ... and then do a spin move... and then a juke... and then stiff arm him while he crossed the TD line =P

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain
Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
MVP

mm boost's Arena

I would say it is hard to run circles, jukes, hurdles and stiff arms across the goal line if you don't have the ball left in your hands after running at my boy Caldwell!

I dare Cedric Harris to come across the middle. How about he tries what this slot receiver did on me last night in my game against Clemson:

Was that not impactful enough?

**does cut-throat gesture**

He is an absolute ANIMAL. This play right here won the game for me!

Old 10-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #21
Rookie

BoiseState07's Arena

OVR: 2

Where do I find these sliders settings at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #22
Rookie

anonymous6237's Arena

OVR: 0

I just had a situation come up tonight which I think may lead to the greatest quarterback in Utah's history. First some background:

It's year 2015 and Utah just won the national championship and got invited to the PAC 10 (I left them in the MWC to start). After a couple rough seasons I had finally got recruiting moving in the right direction and we were poised to become a 6 star program. I suffered through our first season in the Pac 10 with a walk on kicker and decided I'd had enough (walk ons used to be salvageable at the kicking positions). Looking for kickers to recruit, one of them stood out as the only 5 star kicker I'd ever seen in years of NCAA. Well I managed to land him and he was a 90 ovr kicker and started immediately.

Fast forward to game 3 of the season against Stanford. My o-line cannot stop anyone and both my senior and my rs-soph QBs go down, out for game. I was pissed and thought I would have to burn the red shirt on my freshman future QB. As I was up in the game I decided to leave the RS on and let my Kicker (#3 qb on the depth chart) basically hand the ball off and hope to play great defense for the rest of the game. Then comes a desperate third down...and my kicker throws a perfect strike 20 yards downfield for a TD.

Looking at the depth chart he's listed at an 85 qb with a 93 tp and 89 acc...as a freshman kicker! I think I've discovered why he was a 5 star. The nice part is I think my current redshirted freshman qb could make a nice transition to WR while I let my kicker take over the QB position. The next couple years could be e pic! (why can't I say the word e p i c?)

(Sorry for the lengthy rant...I'm super excited about this. It's the most incredible thing ive ever experienced in my years of NCAA recruiting)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
MVP

mm boost's Arena

that is pretty badass!! post up a video of this guy in action!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #24
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

On the defensive side of the ball, I'd have to say it's my sophomore corner back. Started him last year as a true freshman as I was down in that position. Got hurt in week 4 with a fractured foot and didn't play until the SECCG. Ended his freshman year with 2 picks and several tackles.

Although he does not get many picks, he is a lock down corner with great speed and a good vertical. Tackles great in the open field and bats down balls consistently.

On the offensive side of the ball I've got a junior halfback who although is only rated 71 overall, is a 6 foot 1 bruiser back. He has 91 speed, and decent cut and truck ratings. Hits the hole well and will drag defenders an extra few yards before going down. Whenever I need tough yards, or that needed 4th and 2 conversion deep in the opponents territory, he always gets it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »