Home

Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

This is a discussion on Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

AJ McCarron on Alabama (real life player)

Played the National Championship when McElroy was knocked out in the SEC title game by South Carolina (and played like a scared freshman). We lost.

Had a bit of QB controversy his sophomore year, where he played like a scared sophomore and split time with another QB (who I have forgotten). We went 10-2, and had numerous close calls.

Took over the starting job permanently in 2012, and preceded to re-write all of Alabama's passing record books. Played like a veteran leader. We won the National Championship.

In 2013 (came back for Senior year), took over all Alabama's statistical leadership positions for QB, and is in the thick of the Heisman race. Oh yeah, we are 7-0.

In addition, we picked up a freshman running back who started the second game of the year at Notre Dame after our starting RB was knocked out. The kid is a beast, like the second coming of Mark Ingram, and averaging over 125+ a game (On SECElite's sliders with the Coaching sliders adjusted). I have fun yelling out at some point during every game, "AND HE'S ONLY A FRESHMAN!!!!!" because he does something amazing.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #34
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Vincent Smith (Real player) in my Michigan Dynasty. He started out as like an 84 overall, and by his senior year he was a 99 OVR. 98 Speed, and 94 ACC. I rushed for 1,400 yards and 21 TDs and still lost the Heisman. He really helped get me back-to-back National Championships when I was making the transition between Forcier, Robinson, and finally Gardner.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #35
Rookie

mbhammer0307's Arena

OVR: 0

I started a dynasty with FAU and got hired by Texas A&M after two years. During my first offseason recruiting class I signed a 4* QB named Tommy Johnson. He was good enough to start his freshman year and went on to win the the Big XII three times, the Heisman Trophy, and the National Championship his senior year. He also has every school record for passing. His first two years were shaky where in some games he couldn't miss, others I would have to bench him, but his junior year and senior years were spectacular.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 28

In my 6th season with Va Tech in an online dynasty. I have a RB named Jeff Leslie who was a three star recruit.

Currently, he is a junior. His sophomore year he rushed for over 2,200 yards and 35 TD's. This is minus running abuse. He carried the ball an average of 18 times a game and finished 2nd in the Heisman voting.

This season, he has eclipsed 1,800 yards in ten games (hurt for two) with 29 TD's. He also is second on the team with 42 receptions. Currently, leads Heisman voting at the end of the regular season. Keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't leave early. Kid is fast.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
In the same vein as your switch from QB to HB, I love putting TE's at FB. I recruited a 4* TE that had the skills of a linemen, and the catching abilities of a WR. He was going to sit behind two JR TE's, so I put him in a FB for a year. It's like having an extra lineman, the guy is a beast.

I have the bad habit of recruiting a QB every year(or other year), even though I'll probably never need him.
I usually just move a RB to FB. Because Boise is mostly one back stuff. and then i get an extra runnign back on my roster. in I sets I just formation sub my second TE (I run alot of double tights)
Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #38
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

bump! Let's hear about some more impact players.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm in my 4th or 5th season at Florida and have a lot of good players after the Tebow era . Brantley keep getting injury every single dam year so I had to find another QB once Burton left , he did alright at QB but not as good as Tebow did. I kept the spread in as long as I could but decided to take it out and add in a pro style offense playbook and watch the Gators come back alive in 2014 . My best HB has been Mac Brown , he should won the Heisman last season but taken out in the bowl ( such a downer ) It also has been hard keeping him there when we went like 10 -5 his sophomore year . I had to get him back to stay etc . I've had some out standing new step ins at MLB , Fletcher has been great and Joe Hayden of course to. My new QB I got last year a 4* star guy Rashard Davis has been a beast in the pro style sets and should be a Heisman consolidate his senior year or maybe this year . Those are the only players I can think of as of right now .
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #40
Rookie

IHATESOUP's Arena

OVR: 1

In my 3rd year of my Miami dynasty, Ray Ray Armstrong (I cant remeber his name in game) was thebest safety I ever had. Great cover skills and hard hitter, shut down the middle of the field. He was only overshadowed by my shut down corner who doesnt get INTs but knocks down almost every single pass. Im in my 6th year I think now and my defense is really lacking have majority under classmen starting. But my offense is leagues ahead with 3 receivers over 92 ovr and a solid line with a 99 QB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »