Home

The Polls are a joke (E-rage)

This is a discussion on The Polls are a joke (E-rage) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The Polls are a joke (E-rage)

Ok, starting our 11th OD I am the returning National Champion as Texas. I went undefeated the previous season. Going into the 11th year I am preseason #1. I have a solid schedule and play against top 25 teams A&M, OU, Nebraska (twice) and CU. I had a top 25 non conference win against West Virginia who finished 9-3.

Going into week 10 there are 13 undefeated teams and I have dropped to sixth in the AP poll!!!! I am returning 16 out of 21 starters and am an A+ across the board!!! This includes last season's runner up Heisman QB who is a 99 OVR and the Biletnakoff award winner WR that is 99 OVR.

By the time the Big 12 championship game rolls around I beat #10 Nebraska who's only loss was to me and finish the season ranked #4!!!! USC is number 1 and had some quality wins but the #2 team is Iowa who at this point in the dynasty is a 3 star program with only one win against a ranked opponent. The #3 team is freaking TCU which is a B level team. I get to play #13 Fresno State in the Fiesta Bowl and win 36-14 and finish #3.

This ranking system is a complete joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 AM   #2
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Polls are a joke (E-rage)

The ranking system is a joke IRL aswell :P
Old 10-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
The ranking system is a joke IRL aswell :P
Your reply is a joke too. The polls IRL are bad...but do you really think that if Alabama runs the table they will somehow magically drop to 4th? Of course not. NCAA 11 is so bad it's beyond reasonable. In fact, it's not like real life because it's absurb.

To just shrug it off because of the occassional problems the polls have in real life is not doing justice to this glaring issue.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, they are horrible. In our OD, we edit the schedules so that human players have games against the cpu teams we think might sneak into the title game, so we schedule someone to play TCU, Boise, Houston, etc... We also tend to have the human players in many different conferences.

Even doing this, we still have some bad poll results, but better than before...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Agree 100%, the polls in this game are awful. In year 2 of our OD, I am ND and 7-2. Obviously not great by any means, but there are 5 2 loss teams ranked between 11-17, one of which is 4 star Navy(user), who I killed in our game. There are 7 freaking 3 loss teams ranked, including Colorado and Minnesota who would never be rated ahead of ND with similar records, let alone more losses. I know ND has been down, but holy crap, any time they have even started to show some life the past few years they have gotten ranked (and quickly returned to suckitude). It's just aggravating, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the rankings right now and when it screws you over and likely costs your team a prestige star it is a real problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Your reply is a joke too. The polls IRL are bad...but do you really think that if Alabama runs the table they will somehow magically drop to 4th? Of course not. NCAA 11 is so bad it's beyond reasonable. In fact, it's not like real life because it's absurb.

To just shrug it off because of the occassional problems the polls have in real life is not doing justice to this glaring issue.
Just wait and see. If Oregon and Boise State continue to play this well, and finish their seasons undefeated aswell, and Alabama might drops down to 3rd. The three teams ahead of you have probably played some better teams, and been more impressive.
And btw. IRL Oklahoma went to the national championship when they finished with one loss. The team that beat them, Texas, also just lost one game. The ranking system in the game is just like the one IRL.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Just wait and see. If Oregon and Boise State continue to play this well, and finish their seasons undefeated aswell, and Alabama might drops down to 3rd.................. The ranking system in the game is just like the one IRL.
By far one of the most outrageous and foolish comments I've ever seen on this forum.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Who else was expecting him to be Boise St.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »