Home

How to keep this game fresh?

This is a discussion on How to keep this game fresh? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Bucs1211's Arena

OVR: 5
How to keep this game fresh?

Its getting boring to me and I would love to start a crappy team dynasty.

I would love some ideas on how I should go on about this and what I could do to keep it fresh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How to keep this game fresh?

I started a dynasty with Temple and am having a lot of fun. Went 9-5 my first season and lost in the GMAC bowl to Missouri. It is always fun finding a team you dont normally play as that isnt that good and trying to build them up.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 12

What i did is play as Eastern Michigan on Heisman, i went 5-7 first season, 8-4 the second season, and 4-8 the third season, i finally have a good squad and im sitting at 8-1 with Buffalo coming up. Its pretty fun to build a horrible team up on Heisman, believe me it takes patience though Eastern Michigan is easily the worst team in the game.
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes (Hartford Whalers)
NBA- New York Knicks
Old 10-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I take a mid to low level BCS team and build them up. I'm currently Indiana in the 2016 season. I have like a 45-35 record I think. I keep playing dynasty, thats how I keep the game fresh. New recruits, new starters, playing different OOC games, etc. I love building my team and seeing recruiting classes come and go. It has been a challenge and I love it.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Bucs1211's Arena

OVR: 5

Any more ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Go for different recruiting classes. For example, after playing and dominating as Texas with pocket passers, I intentionally recruited a scrambling QB to go back to the Vince Young days. That or pull an Al Davis and go for all fast guys and run a screen type offense. Change up your playbook, etc.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs1211
Its getting boring to me and I would love to start a crappy team dynasty.

I would love some ideas on how I should go on about this and what I could do to keep it fresh.
Make some beastly recruits and watch where they end up. I am doing this with my Washington dynasty. I created a lot of really good prospects but didn't sign any of them.... Next year I am hoping to nab one as my school's prestige increases.

It's time consuming but worth it.

The game just doesn't produce enough elite recruits so making them adds an element of realism. You might not sign them but knowing that they are still in your dynasty is pretty cool. As your team gets better you can have an actual shot at signing some of them. I make at least one elite recruit at each of the skill positions. Most of them range from 83-85 overall and I try to make clones of past players such as Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, etc... Guys who are going to leave their mark on the college game.

Just my .02

Last edited by 12; 10-10-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Play ONLINE DYNASTY! I used to put ncaa away around February but the last two years with online dynasty it lasts all year round untill the new release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »