Home

Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

This is a discussion on Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsc121
Think you are in a bit of trouble. Forget scholarship not being offered as they will and players will commit without one as well.
Usually the only sure fire way to turn around a -1 is a visit. Since you have already visited then that's out.
You can try to attack the school but normally i find no matter how much time i spend i just stay -1. By the look of it they are recruiting him reasonable hard as well.
They have also got a visit coming so from this he will soft commit. Then hard commit most likely.
Only bit of hope is that it is against your team, never had this happened, a good win over them may cause him to sway your way.

Unless you really want him/have no other options i would prob not waste to much time on him
Well looks like this scenario isn't all gloom and doom afterall...After playing my week 7 game and being down -1 to USM on his list, Moore has soft committed to my school.

I had a great phone call in week 7 (I think like 480 points) and I was able to take away a good 130 to 140 points from USM during the call.

I am however a bit worried that if we get to week 12 (when he visits USM), I could very well lose him.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Well looks like this scenario isn't all gloom and doom afterall...After playing my week 7 game and being down -1 to USM on his list, Moore has soft committed to my school.

I had a great phone call in week 7 (I think like 480 points) and I was able to take away a good 130 to 140 points from USM during the call.

I am however a bit worried that if we get to week 12 (when he visits USM), I could very well lose him.
yeah just keep using 60 min after him and try to, obviously, pitch the best you can. If you can negate their points enough, you can overcome his visit.

I know one time when I was recruitng with UK at the beginning, the "most" pitch for the recruit was conference prestige. THe team I was trying to overcome was Northern Illinois. Everytime I pitched against Northern Illinois on that one, they would like about 75 points and I would gain about 90-95.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Just an update on this...Following one more week of a great 479 point call while taking away another 130 or so points from Southern Miss, Reggie Moore has now hard-committed to my school. So, being down -1 is not the end of the road. I think it is just important to have good phone calls and also to use the sometimes underrated "compare" option during calls.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #12
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

I love the "Compare" option. When I got the "Point the finger" award for comparing my school against another for all 6 topics, I was avery proud.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

when I'm at -1 I start using Promises as well. I usually save those until I am -1 for a while or I want to get ground when they "Soft Commit" to different school
Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

While this may have worked out for the OP, I think this is one area EA majorly screwed up on. Ive poured time into guys that I was minus 1 on to schools like Ohio or Troy or Kent St. No offers from those schools, I am getting all kinds of points while taking huge amounts from them (think A+ to C comparisons mostly)

They still dont commit. The big name school offer should carry more weight in situations like this IMO.

And the committing to other schools when not even offered by them? Are you kidding me? 4 and 3 star players essentially walking on some place (and not even the home state school) when offered by a 6 star program? Major fail EA.

edit: Also the late offer bull**** the CPU is able to get away with is lame. Very few schools are able to do this. In recruiting its called "slow playing" a recruit. Stringing them along to see if anything better might come along. Most 4 and 5 star players would be majorly pissed off by this and dont put up with it, unless its the dream in-state school or something similar.

Last edited by SeaOfRed75; 10-18-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #15
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Good point on the slow play. I hate it when the CPU gets away with this. Bad logic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

from my observations this seems to happen when their #1 school has not offered. Basically, if the #1 school offers they will accept. If not, he's yours. I don't mind it, happens all the time in real life recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »