Home

Help for my pro-style offense

This is a discussion on Help for my pro-style offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Help for my pro-style offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
yeah offline, coaching sliders help ALOT. Also, don't necessarily go by the "setup" plays. From my experience, they dont work any differently then running regular run plays and just because its a setup doesnt mean the PA will work on the next play.

The time that I have seen PA work the best is after a long drive and most of the D is either tired or has subs in. No matter how good I am running the ball, if its early in a drive, it rarely works for me.
Actually, I think the Set Up think is just remnants from last years game. They seemed to change how the defense plays this year (as noticed by the psychic defense that changes its play and formation every time you change your play even if you don't change formation).

Now, on a "Set Up" play, on a play action pass, the safeties and linebackers should bite on the fake hand off and come crashing all the way in to the line, leaving your WRs with only the CB to beat. Meanwhile a "Set Up" run should result in the safeties and linebackers staying back in their zone for at least a little bit (your RB should probably be at least to the line of scrimmage) before their crash forward.

Check an instantly replay ANY TIME you run a "Set Up" play in this year's copy of the game. Does it ever work? I mean EVER?!

In previous years' games, it did work quite well (though I still think it's stupid--the coach should know how often he's running and how often he's passing, and EVERY run successful run play should set up EVERY play action pass, meanwhile, EVERY successful pass play should help clear out the box making all running plays more successful).
Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisgator
Have you tried utilizing more blockers?
I have tried this, but still find that on our settings, generally the TE and atleast one offensive Lineman get "confused" on whether to block a D-lineman or a blitzing LB (Atleast thats my fantasy logic for it) and the consequence is that neither gets blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
If you call a PA and you see the safeties or LB's cheating in to blitz, you have to audible out.
I definitely do this...but even when they aren't blitzing, it seems one D-lineman breaks free almost immediately upon contact with the O-line and I still get sacked. Audibles on every drive gets really tiring for gameplay IMO.

I understand like 20-30% of the time perhaps getting sacked, but if I even have a chance to make a PA work, its usually a quick pass over the middle instead of that thirsty deep post I wanna complete...I don't play in an offline dynasty but perhaps I'll start one with the Coaching Sliders thing, see how it goes. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobalo85
I definitely do this...but even when they aren't blitzing, it seems one D-lineman breaks free almost immediately upon contact with the O-line and I still get sacked. Audibles on every drive gets really tiring for gameplay IMO.
this has happened to me before but its when I am trying to build up a lower rated team. Once I build up the O line, they usually give me at least sometime to throw the ball, even if its on the run.

Also, for PA, I've never been able to throw to a deep receiver. Its always the TE that goes to the flat or a crossing WR
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »