Home

whats your favorite air raid playbook?

This is a discussion on whats your favorite air raid playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: whats your favorite air raid playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I like OK State's Air Raid book, as well as Houston's...maybe that's because their personel is so well suited to those plays...

As far as the R & S goes, I'm doing an SMU dyansty and would like to mix it up in season two by using either the generic R & S book or Hawaii's...

I took a pretty good look though and couldn't see much (if any) difference between the three...

Is that accurate or does someone have some better insight into that?

Thanks!
IIRC, SMU's playbook has a few more bubble screens than the generic RnS playbook.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
IIRC, SMU's playbook has a few more bubble screens than the generic RnS playbook.
Thanks!

Any difference from those two and Hawaii that are notable?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

I think SMU has one more 1 TE 3 WR shotgun set than Hawaii. Both have the wing trips formation but SMU has Y trips. Other than that, they're basically the same. IMO, SMU>Hawaii>Generic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #12
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I think SMU has one more 1 TE 3 WR shotgun set than Hawaii. Both have the wing trips formation but SMU has Y trips. Other than that, they're basically the same. IMO, SMU>Hawaii>Generic.
Thanks for the insight!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #13
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I use Air Raid but want to be as balanced as possible, so I use BYU. In addition to having all the great Air Raid formations and plays, they have the Spread Flex halfback dive (the run play for AR) and three I-formations.

If I have a dual threat QB and want to use a run-oriented Air Raid offense (if that makes any sense) I use ECU's playbook. Its by far the best Air Raid for running the ball. In addition to having the shotgun halfback dive, it also has a 4 WR halfback dive from under center, as well as three speed options from under center. The Spread Flex Speed Option from under center is near automatic from 3 yards or less.

ECU doesnt have as many good pass plays as other Air Raids, but its still an Air Raid so it naturally does have every shotgun formation you can ask for.

But BYU is where its at for me. Use that I-formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »