Home

Not sure I'm in the right place to discuss game loading issues

This is a discussion on Not sure I'm in the right place to discuss game loading issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Not sure I'm in the right place to discuss game loading issues

I have problems with NCAA 2011 PS3 and xbox 360 version when playing a team in dynasty mode it freezes when the game loading screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Not sure I'm in the right place to discuss game loading issues

Idk about ps3 but I have an xbox360 and it freezes during game loading screen. My xbox is old and the power supply will overheat if I don't keep a fan on it. Also I have a very small basket that I put the power brick on so all sides of the brick are being cooled by the fan. Since I started doing this I have been able to play without the game freezing except for every once a a while. Also, try plugging ur console into a wall outlet, not a power strip. Hope this helps.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

I have no room to put my console power supply into the wall because I have two power bars use for all things connected.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well try your best to keep it cool. As soon as my power brick starts getting warm and I forget to turn on the fan the game will freeze. I never played more than 3 games in a row but I have played 3 games without any problems.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
Rookie

All other games works okay but not sure it the lens of the xbox 360 need to be repair.The xbox 360 console is last year model and my PS3 console is last year I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Have you tried installing the game onto your XBOX 360 hard drive? Try that from the Dashboard.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
Rookie

I already install the game once and it still freeze the game even when installed.This has gone for two months now(Sept and Oct )

I'm also having the same problem on the PS3 version and I thinking about taking these two games to a store that can repair the game disc or is the lens of PS3 and xbox 360 was the cause.

Last edited by OutcastNeedhelp37; 10-25-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Have you tried installing the game onto your XBOX 360 hard drive? Try that from the Dashboard.
I highly suggest doing this with every XBox game.

Even if your hard drive is only big enough to hold one game at a time, it is still worth the time to delete one and install the other game before playing it. There are numerous advantages.

1. First and foremost, the game disc is only used to check and make sure you actually own the game. It does a quick read when you start the game up, but then it's not used. You're minimizing your chances of the XBox messing up and scratching your disc somehow. And even if your disc does somehow get scratched, there's a good chance you'll still be able to play the game flawlessly.

2. If the game disc isn't being used non-stop, then the disc drive isn't working non-stop. The less your disc drive is used the less likely it is to get old and die. The laser isn't needed, so it stays functional longer, etc. A lot of things don't have to work nearly as hard which keeps your Xbox in better condition longer.

3. With all these things not working as much or as hard, your XBox doesn't run at quite as high a temperature. For one, that means your fan doesn't have to work as hard, which sort of falls into the above category. But primarily, it's about heat. Your XBox runs cooler, fan has to work less. A fan that works less is more capable of cooling the XBox better in situations where it truly needs to cool it. You don't really need an external fan.

If you're still having troubles with the game installed to the hard drive, then it may be because your XBox is already too old and you've figured out the hard drive strategy way too late in the game. When your box finally dies, make sure with the new one that you always play your games from the hard drive, rather than from disc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »