Home

Your Top 4 playbooks

This is a discussion on Your Top 4 playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3
As a spread, un heavy rich rodriguez guy i prefer oregon, miss state ul monroe and southern miss which in my opinion is the best spread playbook because it also has a couple ace and i form formations while still have the spread concept with spread flex and 5 wide formations
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Your Top 4 playbooks

Syracuse (Pro) - Very balanced playbook. great to run a very traditional pro style attack.

Kansas State (Multiple) - I use this playbook when I have a mobile QB and want to take advantage of his ability to run with the ball. It has some nice QB designed runs, a variety of option plays from under center and a little Wildcat to mix things up. The passing plays are good enough to get the job done.

Option Run (Option) - Well, obvious appeal. I prefer this over the team based option plabooks when I want to get my 3RB power option going. I usually only use this when i play online with GT or if I play a teambuilder game using my HS team.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pitt
Syracuse (Pro) - Very balanced playbook. great to run a very traditional pro style attack.
If you like Syracuse, I highly suggest trying Tulane. They're mostly similar, but Tulane's book has a few things that Syracuse doesn't. I used Syracuse's playbook for the first month or so of owning the game, but now I only use Tulane.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
If you like Syracuse, I highly suggest trying Tulane. They're mostly similar, but Tulane's book has a few things that Syracuse doesn't. I used Syracuse's playbook for the first month or so of owning the game, but now I only use Tulane.
As someone who has played about 50 dynasty games with Syracuse...what am I missing in the Tulane book?
Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
As someone who has played about 50 dynasty games with Syracuse...what am I missing in the Tulane book?
Hmm...I've made posts in the past about this, but it's been a while since I looked at Syracuse, so I'm not 100% clear. They're extremely similar, so you're not exactly missing out on a TON by using Syracuse rather than Tulane.

Okay, first things off the top of my head. In Tulane's playbook, they have a Wildcat like Syracuse. Tulane's book has all of the Syracuse plays plus one more, where the player who takes the snap hands the ball of to the guy in motion...who then turns around and throws it to the player who took the snap as a screen pass. I think it's called a QB screen or something.

Both books have 2 Strong I, 1 Weak I, but Tulane has four I-Forms to Syracuse's 3. One of Tulane's I-Form is Y-Trips, which is an excellent running formation once you use the proper formation subs. I use it as my goalline formation.

Additionally, Tulane's play book has the nice Pro-Split formation (QB under center, HB behind LT, FB behind RT, TE, and WR to either side). It sort of combines the best of Ace & I-Form, in my opinion, and is a great formation for getting the ball to an athletic FB in space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 01:24 AM   #22
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Utah State is a spread playbook that also has wishbone and flexbone. Gotta find a way to exploit this.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:16 AM   #23
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

Purdue has one of the best multiple playbooks. It has 2 ace formations, like 5 I-formations, and the rest are shotgun. You can have a power running game or spread it out in shotgun. This allows you to adapt 'in game' or just try to confuse the opponent with so many different looks.

Try it out and see for yourself.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can anyone recommend a PB that includes multiple 5 wide, wildcat, and pistol formations?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »