Home

Dynasty Freezing Issue

This is a discussion on Dynasty Freezing Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Dynasty Freezing Issue

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but if anyone has any advice that could save my dynasty I would be very grateful.

A little background: I've got a 360, and it has had the RROD e74 several times. I did the X-clamp fix, and although I've had it happen a couple more times, I've had no problems fixing it and my games play fine. I also haven't downloaded any new patches or tuner sets in this timespan.

So about 2 months ago (maybe 3 months ago) I had the RROD happen, and after fixing it, my Xbox ran fine up until this past Friday. During that 2-3 month span of time I had played two different offline dynasties (one with Tulane and one with WVU). I have been playing the WVU one for the past few weeks. Anyway, like I said, I got the RROD again Friday, and after getting the system working again, I loaded the game back up and went into the WVU dynasty to play a game. It froze right after the opening kickoff before the play selection screen popped up.

After restarting the Xbox, I played a 'Play Now' game with no freezing, then loaded up the Tulane dynasty and played a game with no freezing. I even created a new dynasty to see if it froze and it did not.

In the WVU dynasty, I tried several times to get it to work, but it always froze in the same spot. I tried playing a different (non-WVU) game in that dynasty and it still froze right after the kickoff. I tried simming past that week, but when I would play a game the next week it would freeze. If I supersimmed the kickoff, it would freeze when I tried to go back into the game.

I had been playing with NCAA installed onto my system, so as another guess to find a fix I deleted the installed file from the HD and ran the game off the disc, but the freezing still occurred. I even tried to save the dynasty under a new name, but it still froze. It seems like something in the dynasty file is corrupt, but I really don't want to start over.

Any help or advice? Has anyone experienced this before? The game only freezes when using that specific dynasty file and always right after the opening kickoff (whether supersimmed or played).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Dynasty Freezing Issue

Try the PS3 fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »