Home

Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game

This is a discussion on Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game

The CPU QB and RB A.I. has been subpar for this entire generation of consoles. I think that this year it is much better then it has been for quite some time, but it still needs a total rewrite in my opinion.

We know that many of the legacy trouble issues will not be fixed, whether its due to the limitations of the various gameplay engines, lack of resource availability, or plain old Executive veto, but I hope that QB and RB A.I. doesn't fall within that realm of "Never Going To Be Fixed, So Deal With It."

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
Rookie

vaeath's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love this added into the game.

Recruits would come into the game labeled as Dual Threat if they are.

Cam Newton,Denard Robinson,Taylor Martinezez,Tyrod Taylor,Terrele Pryor are probably the best in college now.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

What I am talking about is simple, guys. Please don't get confused. As it is, QB's with great running attributes are putting up very WEAK sim stats. I have the latest roster updates. In mine, Denard Robinson has 97 speed and many other QB's have very good to great ballcarrier ratings. It does not carry over to the game when playing the CPU, nor does it reflect anything realistic when producing sim stats. I've messed with playbooks and nothing really helps. It's because these dual-threat QB's do not exist in this game; the engine must not allow for it.

An example would be this: In the third week of my dynasty with Nebraska, Cam Newton had 18 carries for 29 yards in a game. Denard Robinson had 11 carries for 33 yards. For the season, Newton has 36 carries for 92 yards and Robinson has 45 for 122 yards. Neither one had scored a touchdown. In an earlier dynasty, Pryor from OSU led the nation in QB rushing yards with 597. No other QB was really close to that and if they were, their YPC was atrocious at best.

This is what I am talking about. Editing rosters/ratings and/or playbooks does not seem to really help. If someone has found some success in getting these QB's some good rushing numbers, I'd love to hear it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:51 AM   #12
Rookie

yeah, the terrible sim stats for scrambling QBs led me to start playing every single game (I am a simmer)... but that was a good thing as I'm loving this game more than ever now.

Still sucks to play against what should be an **** dual-threat QB just to see him play like a crappy pocket passer.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
yeah, the terrible sim stats for scrambling QBs led me to start playing every single game (I am a simmer)... but that was a good thing as I'm loving this game more than ever now.

Still sucks to play against what should be an **** dual-threat QB just to see him play like a crappy pocket passer.
Yeah. I played Auburn in a bowl earlier on and he acted like a pure pocket passing QB, despite the upgraded ratings. I think he threw the ball 50+ times and had like 10 carries for 14 yards. It's just too bad and I really hope EA addresses this next year.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:59 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The CPU QB and RB A.I. has been subpar for this entire generation of consoles. I think that this year it is much better then it has been for quite some time, but it still needs a total rewrite in my opinion.

We know that many of the legacy trouble issues will not be fixed, whether its due to the limitations of the various gameplay engines, lack of resource availability, or plain old Executive veto, but I hope that QB and RB A.I. doesn't fall within that realm of "Never Going To Be Fixed, So Deal With It."
This. The logic for scrambling QBs, running the option and specifically the read option for cpu mobile QBs is bad and they just suck at running it. With the emphasis on 120 ways to win and seeing teams like Oregon, Auburn and Michigan run these offenses they need to make this a priority next year so that cpu will actually scare us when playing against an offense like this. Right now those offenses are fairly boring to play against and Oregon is nowhere close to the threat they should be.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #15
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

Not to say i miss the days of old gen where if you had a fast QB you could get burned all game but i mean really it just feel like that is completely missing. The most Ive ever seen a qb do is if the pocket is collapsing around him he'll just slowly move him self towards the line of scrimmage and after that two things happen, i blast him or he'll slip away for another 3-5 yards.

Another thing ive noticed is that the game does claim that all 120 teams play true to there playbooks and style, and well i hafta agree and disagree. Now some teams are true to it like Texas tech they pass like crazy some pound the rock like Wisconsin but when it comes down to these option teams, the game isnt cutting it. Any day of the week i can shut down a CPU oporated option team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3

Nice thread and I agree! My brother even changed Denard's position to WR and he still didn't run when he should have. I really hope they change this logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »