Home

Chronic freezing issue

This is a discussion on Chronic freezing issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

BlackCellXB's Arena

OVR: 2
Chronic freezing issue

Whenever I am trying to pick a play in my dynasty, if I hit the RS to go to the more advanced screen, it freezes the game and my xbox. This has been happening since yesterday. I'm not sure how to fix this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Chronic freezing issue

Did you install the game to hard drive?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I have my game installed to my hard drive and and getting lots of in game freezes after extra points. It's happen 3 out of my last 4 games. No issues through my first Dynasty but in year 2 it's happening.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

What is the mnf date of your 360?

I had the same issue with the game freezing, and it also did it on menu changes during my dynasty. This is the only game that my 360 has ever had any issues with.

I went and got a new arcade (that way I could use my 120gb hd) and have not a single freeze since then. Mine was an 06 model that never had the RROD or any issues for that matter.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Have you tried clearing the cache?

Not sure if that'll help, but it's worth a try I suppose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Just a word of caution that I had problems like this with NCAA 09--in game freezes, etc.--in the run-up to my first 360 going RROD on me. NCAA was the only game that I experienced any problems with; other games and console functions worked fine, but the NCAA problems persisted for almost two months, and then my 360 went belly-up. I can't definitively say there was a correlation between the NCAA freezes and my 360 dying, but the timing leads me to suspect something. My theory is that there is something intensive in the NCAA engine that is affected by the same problem that eventually causes the RROD, and that whatever is going bad in the console to cause the RROD also causes problems with NCAA while the problem develops. I have no expertise or evidence for this, however, and it's simply speculation on my part. May you have better luck than I did.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

My xbox 360 model is last year and not sure I want to repair it again.I'm also having issues with the PS3 version of NCAA 2011.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Just a word of caution that I had problems like this with NCAA 09--in game freezes, etc.--in the run-up to my first 360 going RROD on me. NCAA was the only game that I experienced any problems with; other games and console functions worked fine, but the NCAA problems persisted for almost two months, and then my 360 went belly-up. I can't definitively say there was a correlation between the NCAA freezes and my 360 dying, but the timing leads me to suspect something. My theory is that there is something intensive in the NCAA engine that is affected by the same problem that eventually causes the RROD, and that whatever is going bad in the console to cause the RROD also causes problems with NCAA while the problem develops. I have no expertise or evidence for this, however, and it's simply speculation on my part. May you have better luck than I did.
Same happened to me. If was about 2 months after the freezes started regularly occuring that mine rolled over and died.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »