Home

seriously?

This is a discussion on seriously? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
seriously?

freezing is getting worse and worse. I am in my 8th year and took over a failing Tennessee dynasty playing #18 Fresno State. I am up 9_0 in the second qtr and the game freezes. Ok early in the game so I will restart.....annoying but I will live. So I start the game and play an awesome game that goes into overtime 16_16. When it is 19_19 their field goal kicker shanks a long one and I get conservative to set up my fg attempt. My son interupts me to show me this cool drawing he did so I paused the game to look right before my kick.......and the screen goes all fuzzy and locks up.....wow. I am starting to hate this game because of the lockups. So I am beyond pissed and do an even dumber thing. I don't feel like playing the game again so I sim it but forgot the auto saves was on and I loose 28_13....and it autosaves. I almost threw the disk across the street.

fix the lockup issues EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: seriously?

360 or PS3?

if 360, is it installed to the hard drive? if not and you have space, I would try that. if you have already done this, I don't know what to say other than it must be the disc itself or your console.

NCAA 11 has not froze on me once.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Funny that this thread was just posted. Just talked to a buddy of mine who plays in an online dynasty with me as well as he has his own offline. He said his online dynasty game (h2h vs another user) froze up 3 time last night, had to restart a few times... well here's the kicker... when he was done he went to go back into his OFFLINE dyansty and the ONLINE dynasty had autosaved over top of it.

So he may've lost his offline dynasty because of online dynasty freezes. That's crazy.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

I've never had a freeze yet on the 360, saved it to the hard drive and all that good stuff and it's been smooth sailing. I remember the 07 version on my original Xbox froze ALL the time though, nothing more annoying, hope ya can figure something out.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Cornwallus's Arena

OVR: 1

The only freezing problem I have is on the first couple plays after the opening kickoff. Whenever the ball is about to be snapped the game get's hung for 10-30 seconds, sometimes freezing completely. If I can get over that hump, the rest of the game is usually pretty smooth.

If I play a second game, it won't happen. It's always my first game on the first two plays lol. So before I play an OD game, I'll play the first minute of an off-line to get rid of the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only time my game freezes is when i try to change my uniforms right before a game. Other than that it hasn't froze once. (ps3 btw)
Old 11-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
360 or PS3?

if 360, is it installed to the hard drive? if not and you have space, I would try that. if you have already done this, I don't know what to say other than it must be the disc itself or your console.

NCAA 11 has not froze on me once.
360...ive had problems in the past but they are getting bad now. I will try the harddrive thing.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
360...ive had problems in the past but they are getting bad now. I will try the harddrive thing.
What is your mnf date? I had freezing issues in game and during menu changing. This would happen every 30 minutes to an hour. It just made the game unplayable. This is the only game I have ever had any type of freezing issues. I tried everything to get it to work. I emailed back and forth with EA for over 3 weeks and nothing ever worked. They went as far as to give me a $20 gift card to the EA store because they could not figure out a fix. I finally picked up a new arcade (that way I could use my existing HD). Every since then I have not had a single lock up.

Yes I love NCAA that much

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »