Home

Playing Online is Terrible

This is a discussion on Playing Online is Terrible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Playing Online is Terrible

How do you guys stand it? I decided to play my first online game today. Played some guy who was Georgia and I was Clemson because they had the same ratings.

Every time I saw an open receiver, I would push the pass button, but it would take a second before he'd throw it. Threw four interceptions in the first half because of that. Then, to top things off, even if I caught it, the lag was so bad that I could barely move my guy at all. I'd point one direction, and he'd keep running straight for a second before turning. Couldn't spin or juke worth **** because he was too slow.

Finally caught back up--my opponent sucked--and tied the game at 35 with a minute to go. I decide to try the option to catch him off-guard, and when I lateral the ball the lag makes the ball go three feet behind the tailback. I get the ball back, so whatever. I complete a few passes and catch him off-guard with another option. Running back has a wide open lane to the end zone, so I lateral it to him. No interference or anything. Just the horrible online game. He laterals behind the running back again, and it's recovered by the other team who runs it back for a touchdown.

Game over.

WHAT THE HECK?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Rookie

FSU Spear 'Em's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Online is Terrible

One of you had a crappy internet connection. Doesn't happen to me on the ps3 with a 16MB cable connection.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

you just sound terrible
Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

I played my one and only online game the other week. The dude ran straight flea flickers.....I quit right then.

I don't understand how that is fun.....
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

yep, it happens. that is why I try to know which receiver I'm going to throw to before I throw it. Same thing with the kicks.. you have to flick up before the bar even reaches halfway. But the lag does not bother me, the people I play bother me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah one of the primary reasons I sold this game was because of the EA server location. I upgraded my internet, modem, router, everything. Although I was dealing with it quite fine with my 18-2 record. I'll be moving soon so hopefully I can play '12 without lag spikes. If the game will be worthy of buying, of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »