Home

Two questions about dynasty mode...

This is a discussion on Two questions about dynasty mode... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Two questions about dynasty mode...

The team that won the National Championship had 3 losses. When I looked to see why, I discovered that two of their games were lost because their kicker missed numerous field goals and extra points in both games. Then I looked a little closer and noticed that pretty much every close game for every team was decided not just from one missed FG or XP, but several. Pretty much every close game came down to which kicker attempted more field goals.

For example, Alabama beat Arkansas by 2 points. Bama's kicker only missed one XP and was 1/2 FG's, whereas Arkansas's kicker missed one XP and was 0/3 FG's.

Then I looked at the leading kickers across the country, and WOW. Even the top teams, the most prestigious schools, had awful kicking statistics. Personally, it was a huge turn off for me, and I haven't played the game since. It's just the small stuff that really kills dynasty for me. Also, the fact that teams will have 7 QB's and only 6 OL really annoys me.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #18
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
The team that won the National Championship had 3 losses. When I looked to see why, I discovered that two of their games were lost because their kicker missed numerous field goals and extra points in both games. Then I looked a little closer and noticed that pretty much every close game for every team was decided not just from one missed FG or XP, but several. Pretty much every close game came down to which kicker attempted more field goals.

For example, Alabama beat Arkansas by 2 points. Bama's kicker only missed one XP and was 1/2 FG's, whereas Arkansas's kicker missed one XP and was 0/3 FG's.

Then I looked at the leading kickers across the country, and WOW. Even the top teams, the most prestigious schools, had awful kicking statistics. Personally, it was a huge turn off for me, and I haven't played the game since. It's just the small stuff that really kills dynasty for me. Also, the fact that teams will have 7 QB's and only 6 OL really annoys me.
And the kicking is what bothered you?

I do think they fixed the teams hoarding positions, or someone on here came up w/ a workaround
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
And the kicking is what bothered you?

I do think they fixed the teams hoarding positions, or someone on here came up w/ a workaround
Well, the 3-loss NC was a dead giveaway that something was wrong. NOBODY goes undefeated anymore, and a 1-loss team is very rare. It happens every year as you get deeper into dynasty; the NC always has at least 2 losses. This problem is a direct result of bad kicking. THAT is what bothers me. Kicking has such a huge effect on everything, you can't just ignore the problem. That is why it's a dynasty killer for me.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
This does nothing for me, because it still effects the other 119 teams. When a top ranked team loses a game by a couple points because their kicker missed two XP's and two FG's, that's a huge problem.

Every week, half the games are won or lost because of the kickers. That, my friends, is a broken dynasty mode.
Yep, and that's why I won't buy it. I came on here hoping it had been fixed.

Oh well. Not going to waste my money on a broken product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »